• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help Identifing Item

simmsjeremy

Loc.
Cherry Point
I was disassembling all the fuel lines, wires etc. on my 74 in preparation of removing the tub when I came across these plastic hoses that were located on the driver side rear of the vehicle going up into the cab through the wheel well directly behind the driver seat. the container and hoses were concealed under a sheet of metal held on by screws. So what I do know is it has something to do with the fuel system but what exactly is it and what does it do.

Attachments

• IMG_1870.jpg
    IMG_1870.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1871.jpg
    IMG_1871.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1872.jpg
    IMG_1872.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1873.jpg
    IMG_1873.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1874.jpg
    IMG_1874.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 27

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Its the expansion tank. It allows excess vapors and even raw fuel to have a place to collect. Helps prevent fuel from leaking out the gas caps. One of the lines usually runs to a charcoal canister where vapors eventually get sucked into the engine.