• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help with sizing brake Master Cylinder

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Lot's of options now...

OP
OP
SavageBurro

SavageBurro

Thought yall get a kick out of this. Not wanting to clutter w remote reservoirs...and not finding a short reservoir to fit the ram mc....and not wanting to adapt diff mc to booster I just had hiflowed.....I thought I would try and shorten the ram plastic resevior. It's ugly as all get out but worked. Cut couple inches out..then cleaned then melted two halves back together. I will fill w brake fluid and let sit for while (overnight and out of rig) to make sure no leaks. And...im sure I'll go to something nicer looking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230428_081909_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230428_081909_Gallery.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 17

nvrstuk

Contributor
If it seals you're gold!! :)

OP
OP
SavageBurro

SavageBurro

Thought I'd provide an update. Finally got the bronco running/driving again. The 2013 ram hydroboost and 2013 ram mc with 1 5/16 bore work amazingly well with the ford dual caliper super duty front brakes and el dorado rear disc (kit from lugnut 4x4) on the rear 14 bolt.

I had the hb unit hiflowed and rebuilt by Vanco. I dont have much drive time yet but it seems to brake and steer (even w the ram assist) pretty well. I did get some belt squeal couple times but I could have got some ps fluid on the belt from burping air out of the ps reservoir.

I don't like the 'T' for the return lines and will likely eventually swap to a ps reservoir that has dual returns. Not that it would happen but I don't like the idea of return lines fighting eachother. I suppose a one way check valve would be good but I just like the idea of dual returns at the ps pump better.... when time permits.

I keep chasing little leaks in my 'custom' shortened master cylinder reservoir . I definitely need to find a better reservoir solution. Would be nice to find two small reservoirs that fit the 14mm ports into the top of the mc but cant seem to find any. The ports are so close together that the options are pretty limited. Might try thicker rubber grommets and use reservoirs made for volkswagan w 13mm barbs. Not sure yet. With how busy my driver side wheel well is - I don't have much room for remote reservoirs. It's cluttered w brake booster, master cylinder, lines, fuel lines, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator and arb compressor.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Reservoir leaks are such a pain. I understand your's is more than a little bit different but even my cast iron w/snap on lid leaked for 2 ys after 3 gaskets & 3 lids. Finely made my own gasket and it was better but the fix was radiator clamps frt & rear. HA, ugly as sin but it never leaked a drop after that.

Send some pics again with some numbers and maybe we can help ya out with something that will work.