• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

help with wild horses light bar *1 last thing!*

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
%)

I bought 1 of the Oh So COOL look'n wild horses light bar deals... and it dose indeed look cool...

However, as soon as ya go down 1 2-track all the lights get BEAT to... well a place worst than detroit!

Is there an easy way to fix this??

I am HOPE'n a custom muffler shop could bend up a simple bar above the lights as a branch deflector...

My main question I guess is... will a muffler shop be able to do this or do you need a diffrent type of bender than they use? I defenatly do NOT want to use exhust tube :-X would a body shop be of help??

I am up in BFE and the closest place that dose any type of 4x4 tube or pipe bending is like 3 hrs away...

Or is there a better way of going about fix'n this problem (and still use the light bar)

Thx for the insight...

:cool:

Last edited:

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
My muffler guy usues the same bender for DOM and cages as he does for exhaust pipe. I'm sure any muffler shop could do it.

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
That definately is a cool looking setup :cool: :cool: :cool:

I've seen light bars on heeps that will fold down. I'd like that idea so I can get my horse into the garage. Anyone making that or is it custom fab time?

Ed

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
I've spent a week look'n at all the diffrent light bars so I can take a pic into the muffler shop so they don't make it look to queer.

As a result of this serching I can say with confidence NO there is no set up that EASILY folds down... and it takes a 9" door to fit that Hoop Dee'

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ok my fellos!!!!

1 last bit of help I need to ask from all of you on this matter.

I plan to do is have them run a length of tube just above and in front of the lights on the light bar.

#1- is this enough to keep them from be'n beat'n out of whack and poin't at the moon... or would I need to run a mesh or something in there too?

#2- as far as looks... should this tube follow the lines of the frame of the rest of the light bar or should it frame of the lights tightly?

#3- lastly if he has the die's smaller than the 1 1/2" thue that the light bar frame is made os should I use that? or should I stay with 1 1/2" tube through out strictly as far as looks?????

THX in advance!!!!!!

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
I'd be surprised if he had dies smaller than 1.5". I'd stay with that size.
If I had to do it I'd run 1 bar, angled forward 30deg or so (lookin from the side) and have it run just above and just in front of the lights. (like you said)
This will take care of branches haning more vertically.
You could always just start with that and see if you need more portection.