• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

High Angle Driveshaft

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I need some more travel from my Driveshaft.

Ford 9 inch center section front axle. Dana 60 ends. Standard width. Brand new Tom Woods driveshaft.

I have 3 link in front and coil overs. When I install the new shaft I notice it binds up with about 3-4" of down travel in suspension. I have limit straps but don't want it that tight. Low pinion front. High pinion would be really tight to pan and others. I am sure that this is how my last shaft was bent.

I there any good high angle drive shaft or CV joint for this. My pinion angle is within 1 degree at the diff and is about 11 degrees up at ride height.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am at a loss to recommend better than tom woods. IMO, your setup exceeds engineering capability

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
What is joint size is the CV now? If it is 1310, a 1330 H can be used with 1310/1330 crossover joints and gain approximately 8 more degrees of motion over a straight 1310. It makes enough of a difference that the shaft on my bronco was maxed out at ride height. Changed the H and joints and got enough to not need a limit strap. Been running it for 12 years now. If you have a 1350, I’d consult with Tom Woods.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
What is joint size is the CV now? If it is 1310, a 1330 H can be used with 1310/1330 crossover joints and gain approximately 8 more degrees of motion over a straight 1310. It makes enough of a difference that the shaft on my bronco was maxed out at ride height. Changed the H and joints and got enough to not need a limit strap. Been running it for 12 years now. If you have a 1350, I’d consult with Tom Woods.
I had to do that on my front driveshaft with the ZF and long arms. One of these days I will change the C's and won't need it Yeah one day...

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Hopefully will be ordering an Atlas soon so I will investigate the flanged CV then also.