• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Holley terminator EFI question

garciaj

Loc.
lakewood
Took the truck out for a longer drive today drove great the only problem that arose was when at higher speeds and letting off of the throttle and decelerating I get an occasional pop out of the tailpipe any thoughts

OP
OP
G

garciaj

Loc.
lakewood
My AFR is anywhere from 13 -14 my o2 sensor is right after the y I am running the stock 2into 1 configuration with the supplied o2 bung on top of pipe

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This started after you changed the distributor? Did you sync the timing at high RPM?

OP
OP
G

garciaj

Loc.
lakewood
It was doing it before also I am very early in the learning stage though.no I haven't done the sync at higher rpm

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
no I haven't done the sync at higher rpm

That's very important to check and adjust if necessary. The timing is going to be whatever is on the balancer so you need to make sure, especially at high RPM, that the computer isn't pushing too high. Doesn't sound like the distributor change is the popping problem but you need to verify the timing is synced not only at idle but all the way up to 3500-4000 rpm.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I doubt it leaks, would be more concerned with moisture getting in. To do it right it should have a gasket, but, I would probably just put a little silicone around it and call it good.

broncopilot67

Loc.
Port Orchard
sorry for the hijack but speaking of timing what timing table are you using. I have a 302 with a flat tappet cam that is just in the mild side a TBI davis distributor.the base table from the set up gives me about 25 degrees at idol. trying to get a good curve but new to this not sure where to start but it seems like a lot of advance. Thanks for any ideas Frank