• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hope for the New Bronco

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
It does look better than I thought it would. But a new Bronco half cab is too much to wish for!

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
It's a 4-door Jeep with the cargo area turned into a quasi-truck bed. I still like it. With that said, FORD has to their homework with the design of the BRONCO. In all honestly, cool factor and ruggedness will be a deciding factor for me.

If not, a Toyota or Jeep are in my near future.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
We can have the two door or four door version. Saw the 2 door in person (convert standard 4 door Jeep to the pickup version), I liked it.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12503_8000_07.htm

155111-add9.jpg

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Yep, just like an early Bronco. Told my wife they are like a Mr. Potato head for big kids.

If Ford screws it up and rebadges the escape or similar, we plan to just go ahead with a new Jeep JK.

Brent13

Loc.
Colorado Springs
I am close to trading in my 2015 Unlimited JK Rubicon. Four trips to Jeep Service for failed oil pressure sensors, shifter recall, and now a failing head unit. I am done with it. It is a love/hate relationship. I am worried once my warranty expires (December), the damn thing may fall apart. I am about 99% in on a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road with manual trans, seemed like a really nice truck. The other reason for trading, I have a Jeep and Bronco, pretty redundant vehicles, miss having a truck. If that is the new Jeep pictured, I sort of like it, but it is still a Jeep, and the quality just hasn't been there, not with mine.

OP
OP
Jaxgtc

Jaxgtc

I am close to trading in my 2015 Unlimited JK Rubicon. Four trips to Jeep Service for failed oil pressure sensors, shifter recall, and now a failing head unit. I am done with it. It is a love/hate relationship. I am worried once my warranty expires (December), the damn thing may fall apart. I am about 99% in on a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road with manual trans, seemed like a really nice truck. The other reason for trading, I have a Jeep and Bronco, pretty redundant vehicles, miss having a truck. If that is the new Jeep pictured, I sort of like it, but it is still a Jeep, and the quality just hasn't been there, not with mine.

My Wrangler experience was pretty much the same, I loved it and hated it at the same time. Ditto on the redundancy.

toddsrods

I worked at a Jeep dealer for a while. the dependability of them after the Fiat purchase is disappointing at best. Like the JK platform, but the electronics seem to be garbage.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru

I got tired of waiting for Ford. Last year I bought a 2016 Tacoma. If Ford would have kept the Ranger and put a 5.0 in it I would have been all over it. But Ford no longer thinks the way I do. That's why my 1974 Bronco is never leaving my hands. For 40 years we have been friends a very long time.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think the JK bluetooth handsfree is best on the market. But I do NOT have the screen display, generic looking radio the way I like it.

OK, the 4x4 isn't bad off the shelf.

Yes my 12 was turned in after 12 visits in 9 months, sort of a lemon law without needing to sue. My 2013 has needed oil changes, it's on it's second set of tires, and did take three visits to determine the pressure relief valve on the AC unit blew leaving a trail of oil. Yes, occasionally the top drips a few drips if raining. It is lighly moded wqith 3 inch short arm lift, skid plates metal bumpers and such, I figure an extra 1200lbs of metal.

But I smile every time I get in and start to pull away in my own personal little tank.

If Ford screws up the new Bronco, My Early Bronco will be the last one.

Also like the newer Tacoma, I had a 2000 Taco that was a cockroach and regret selling every time I see one, but it is no match for the JK.

BTW, JK are warrantied for 10 yr 100,ooo miles on their motors for a defect.

If the Chinese buy Jeep, prepare to be underwhelmed.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
You can say whatever you want about the JK, but that's the competition for the new Bronco.
Personally, I think Chrysler has hit it out-of-the-park with the JK. They sell tons of them out here.

Chrysler has already been talking diesel and Hemi options for the JK.
I'll bet that won't happen until the first new Bronco appears.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
The thing that I have seen which looks most like a new Bronco should look lately is the Jeep Renegade :cry:

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Ford's been playing us.
The various spy photos and ideas are just to keep the media buzzing.
Basically, it has to be a match for the Jeep JK. Otherwise, what's the point?