• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My Hope

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Is that they use different materials for the body than they do on the Ranger. I have a 2019 Ranger, Great truck, have towed 4 tons ;D with it but the body dents rather easy, and not from abuse, had a box from home depot fall and hit the bed side, Dent, I have had 4x4s fall into my old Bronco and I could rub the mark off.
If they do use the same material I see many unhappy people after a weekend of wheeling.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Seems to me the youtube I saw claimed the body was some type of steel, and the hood, doors and tailgate will be some type of aluminum.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Seems to me the youtube I saw claimed the body was some type of steel, and the hood, doors and tailgate will be some type of aluminum.

Same as the Ranger, Just not impressed with the strength. I think we were all spoiled with the toughness of our classics

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Is that they use different materials for the body than they do on the Ranger. I have a 2019 Ranger, Great truck, have towed 4 tons ;D with it but the body dents rather easy, and not from abuse, had a box from home depot fall and hit the bed side, Dent, I have had 4x4s fall into my old Bronco and I could rub the mark off.
If they do use the same material I see many unhappy people after a weekend of wheeling.

For real man.... it'll get interesting quick...

txpd

Same as the Ranger, Just not impressed with the strength. I think we were all spoiled with the toughness of our classics

Weight and fuel mileage was not a consideration for the early trucks. its a fact of life now. Without the aluminum body panels in Ford trucks there would very likely not be a Bronco

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
It will be interesting or maybe just different hacking up an aluminum body. Can't wait, saws are ready!;D I should probably start with a base model. Hood, doors, front and rear fenders are all aluminum. I'm guessing that dents easier than our old school parts.

Jim

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
It will be interesting or maybe just different hacking up an aluminum body. Can't wait, saws are ready!;D I should probably start with a base model. Hood, doors, front and rear fenders are all aluminum. I'm guessing that dents easier than our old school parts.

Jim

When you start making parts, how about some carbon fiber fenders/door panels? It may scratch the paint but it would bounce back into shape as long as it was just a bump or rub. Just a thought.