• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Horn contact help

OP
OP
S

Srick76

Cool, thanks. So you've got the correct wheel at least. Other than being dry and dirty (and magnetized right now too it looks like!) it should work once the button is sorted out.
If you continue to use this wheel I would apply some sort of lubricant to the metal circle contacts. Dielectric grease comes to mind, but see what others say first.

The reason I say "if you continue to use it" is because that's one heck of a crack in the hub. Is it all the way through like it appears? If so I would be skeptical of keeping that wheel in service unless you think it's safe for other reasons.
I know cracks in the rim are nothing to worry about usually because under the resin is a big steel ring. Not sure how the hubs are manufactured, so look at that crack very closely.

I'll let the others describe again what they see with the button mechanicals. Seems like there were already a few comments about missing bits and pieces.

Paul

Hey guys, could this be what I am missing? I found it on NPD. Matt at WH said I need the contact kit but that all looks ok. Everyone seems to be missing that things I circled in yellow from RustyTrucks pic. I know he has a 74 but I would still need something like this on my ‘69 wheel right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 23

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Hey guys, could this be what I am missing? I found it on NPD. Matt at WH said I need the contact kit but that all looks ok. Everyone seems to be missing that things I circled in yellow from RustyTrucks pic. I know he has a 74 but I would still need something like this on my ‘69 wheel right?

Those are the metal contacts you need, but you're also missing the plastic isolators that go underneath them.

LMC Truck sells the isolators. #9 in the link below.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1966-77-ford/fbr-1966-74-steering-column-components

NPD likely sells them as well. I'd ask them when you place the order for the contacts.

OP
OP
S

Srick76