• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How do I tell if it's a real sport?

fwilder

How do I tell if it is a real sport? A buddy is buying a sport and I'm not sure that he should trust it is one

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
With so many variations possible on a Sport, including trim delete and standard paint colors, it's hard to tell just by looking. Unless someone has a trick to share, the warranty tag in the glovebox might even be hard to decipher
What year is it?

A Marti Report would tell the whole story, but you wouldn't normally get a Marti for a Bronco that's not yours yet.
I'm sure someone will have some tricks to determining the history. Sorry I didn't have a direct answer.

Have you seen it yet? Do you know what it's got and what it doesn't have?
Other than the Sport emblem that is?

Paul

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
To me the big question is what's the big deal if it's authentic or not? I've never heard of a sport model being any more valuable than a standard edition.

OP
OP
F

fwilder

I've only seen exterior pictures. Looks nice. I'm just trying to look at all the right stuff. Gearing, lift, bushings, speedo cal, rust, blah blah. Thanks for the help. I told him that this is the best place to get advice.

tinytim02

Contributor
There are some specific things you would visually be able to tell a Sport.

bright trim around the windows
sport emblems on the fenders
argent grill with bright trim

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
There are some specific things you would visually be able to tell a Sport.

bright trim around the windows
sport emblems on the fenders
argent grill with bright trim

You can add all of those things to a standard Bronco and make a Sport. He's trying to determine if that's what has been done or if it's a factory sport package.

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
I'm thinking, with out a Marti report there would be no way to be 100% sure. You could by a standard Bronco and pretty much add any of the options very easily. JMO

Classic 4x4

To me the big question is what's the big deal if it's authentic or not? I've never heard of a sport model being any more valuable than a standard edition.

Yeah, unless the price is jacked because it's a "Sport," it doesn't matter. Buy it and if it turns out not to be one based on the Marti, and he wants to be totally faithful to the original build, he can "de-Sport" it.

House

Minutia Militia
Sorry guys, not trying to be argumentative... But...

I've never heard of a sport model being any more valuable than a standard edition.

I have on many different rigs. Especially the earlier ones. If you have a mint
all original 67 base next to a mint all original 67 Sport I bet you could get a few thousand more for the Sport model. No joke.

My brother's Standard Bronco had all the trim options my Ranger has except for the stripe package.

So it was a Standard Bronco with factory bright trim around all the windows, taillights, headlights, grille, grille letters, chrome bumpers, houndstooth seats, door panels, quarter panels, carpet, and paint matched dash?
Was it built on 4/20? ;)

Last edited:

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
That just says it is a sport utility not a sport model. Ther is no vin character to represent a specific model of early bronco

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Who cares? At this juncture, there's so much stuff you can add-on, that anything can be made into something. I am adding all the chrome trim and the "sport" bronco emblem because I like the look of it.