• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How rare is a (Glen Green) Ranger package

UNCbronco

Contributor
I am looking at a 1975 Color code U ( Glen Green ) Ranger package that a guy has for sale. Just checking with you to see if there are many out there without getting a Marti report on it. Thanks

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Rarer color for sure, but have no idea on the numbers. Landshark did a Glen green ranger restore and it is a beautiful color. I think his was 76.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
It's a 2 year color...'75 and '76. I had a '76. Great color. Mine was a base model. What color are the seats Avocado?

OP
OP
UNCbronco

UNCbronco

Contributor
Yes, It has the Avocado seats. I have another question. What could you get for wheels from the factory on a Ranger package ? Thanks

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Are you wanting to sell the wheels? All Early Broncos came with pressed steel wheels from the factory. And unless its a 66 or 77 they all had the same hubcaps. Depending on condition they can go fairly high for what they are. The most I have paid was $80 for a set with tires but no hubcaps.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I'm not a Ranger guru, weren't the wheels argent? Special Decor hub cabs were offered with that package as well.

OP
OP
UNCbronco

UNCbronco

Contributor
I am just asking ? There where no Aluminum wheels offered for any early Bronco`s from the factory ? Only steel wheels for all packages ? Thanks

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I am just asking ? There where no Aluminum wheels offered for any early Bronco`s from the factory ? Only steel wheels for all packages ? Thanks

Only steel wheels were offered. A ‘75 Ranger would have light grey wheels. A ‘77 would have Argent silver, like the grill. The mag wheel hubcaps were an option in ‘77.

OP
OP
UNCbronco

UNCbronco

Contributor
Only steel wheels were offered. A ‘75 Ranger would have light grey wheels. A ‘77 would have Argent silver, like the grill. The mag wheel hubcaps were an option in ‘77.

Thanks for the reply, I have some more questions ? What color name or code was the wheel light grey on the 1975 Ranger and the factory tire size ? Thanks

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
A Ranger would have an E78-15 or G78-15 depending on the weight rating. My ‘77 has a GVWR of 4600 and came with E78 blackwalls. The 4900lb GVWR used the G78. I use 235/75/15 tires on it and they fit nicely.

This color chart shows a gray wheel color for ‘75 pickups which may be the same. I expect there is a powder coat color which is a close match if you decide to coat them.
74b2e2fe04def044002e67835bd73110.jpg