• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How to identify which color vaccum modulator I have?

FORD*DIEHARD

Contributor
So just got MY GURL running. Went for a test drive felt like she would shift hard and have to get to a high rpm to shift. Researching, found a (01) of many POSSIBLE causes is the vaccum modulator for the transmission. So researching the vaccum modulator I found out that there are several different colors . So I pulled mine to see which one I have to see if i could find one . Pulled it (**new to this so if your doing this for the first time , ateast mine had a 9/16 bolt holding a retaining clip to hold it it, when you remove this modulator YOU LOSE ALL YOUR FLUIDS.......so it's 2 for new vaccum modulator and a transmission flush).

Anyway back to my question, there is no "stripe/color" on this part but there is a #"305" stamped on it. Will this give me the correct color code?

I'm sure if I call the local parts store they will need to know what octain of fuel I run and headlight size......just kidding being sarcastic.

I'm trying to download pictures but internet where I am is hit and miss. I will keep trying to post , for now I will just send the question.

Thank you in advance for your time/help,

Sonny

OP
OP
FORD*DIEHARD

FORD*DIEHARD

Contributor

Attachments

• 20230728_092013.jpg
    20230728_092013.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230728_091956.jpg
    20230728_091956.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 15

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Back to the top. Hopefully someone (maybe Viperwolf1) will know by the number stamped into the body, vs the obviously missing colored stripe.
Or maybe the missing stripe means it's a particular "color" just by it's absence?

Good luck.

Paul

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Single port, push in modulator-green stripe is what you want. The pin length is also important. It should be about 1.620" long. Make sure the valve that goes in before the pin is still there and it's in the correct way. It fits either way but only works when in the correct way.

You probably lost a little fluid but it shouldn't be more than a qt.
227a6610d1e6ef385c811b9adee3f57f.jpg

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Below is what you are looking for, yes this is for a 73-79 Ford truck, sorry all I have handy. I sent (emailed in PDF) the BOTP guy the parts manuals for 66-77 Bronco. He seems to not have them on his site yet. https://charpindustries.com/diagrams/

I have (2 parts books scanned into PDF), but they are 215 megabytes each and to big to regular email. I sent them to him via some large file email service. I am going to look thru the PDF files I have and see if I can locate the page you need and do a screen shot.

Attachments

• trans modulator colors.jpg
    trans modulator colors.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 15