• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydro boost brake hoses

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
We where purging the brake system after the Mustang Hydro boost install and the rear frame to axle hose blew up. I thank God it did not go on the road, that could have been a disaster.

I need to ask those who are running HB, will the stock hoses HANDLE THE EXTRA PRESSURE OF THE HB?

I figure since My stang has hydro boost and uses rubber hoses... the new replacement hoses for the EB will be OK, but want your input.;D

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Mine is still running the rear factory rubber hose from 1974 and 20 year old chevy disc rubber hose from NAPA. Hydro Boost has been on the truck for over 4 years now.

OP
OP
G's Baja Bronco

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
That is what I figured, his hoses do look really dry and cracked, Thanks Rusty.

BTW, once I got the air out of the master cylinder, I could hear the explorer pump work and the pressure hoses moved a little. I wanted him to finish the purging and test drive it. But He decided to do the full length header swap into the 351W, cause he needs hoses now.

RedEyedMex619

Loc.
National City, CA
That guy always needs more horse power!! Still thinking about that front brake hose, and how to run it, I will be looking at the bone yard for a Dana 40 to see the how they ran it.

dbevans2249

Loc.
Buena Park, Ca.
JMO, it was just a bad hose. If it was an issue we would hear about it a lot.
I am using the extended hoses from B C Broncos, mainly since I have a 3 1/2" lift. No problems. I think stock ruber hoses would be fine as long as they are long enough.