• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydroboost mounting bracket

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
i have done a few and always use the factory power brake booster bracket...I am sure others will chime in...

Montoya

I took the factory plate and welded it into my thicker firewall plate. I did this because I moved the hydroboost to clear my dumb tall valve covers (non-body-lifted with 351W and roller rockers with tall covers makes everything tight).

OP
OP
Brian B

Brian B

OP
OP
Brian B

Brian B

Thanks to everyone for your input! I'm starting the tear down on Sunday.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
SORRY! looked but these are the best pics I have...used Super duty hydro with 80 Corvette master (4 wheel disc brakes)...work amazing on my other Bronco!

Attachments

• HB.jpg
    HB.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 78
  • HB1.jpg
    HB1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 68
  • HB2.jpg
    HB2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 70
  • HB3.jpg
    HB3.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 63

jmhend

Bronco Guru
What should I buy? Is there one better than the other?

Bryan, as Tasker mentioned the factory angle bracket is perfect for a hydrobost. You can buy an angle bracket and rod from EBAY if you do not have them already.

I also purchased this Early Bronco hydro boost to stock booster bracket 66-77 to just bolt up the astro van hydro to the angle bracket.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Early-Bron...685548?hash=item4b7868dd6c:g:cj8AAOxyrrpTf1Pq

i have done a few and always use the factory power brake booster bracket...I am sure others will chime in...

SORRY! looked but these are the best pics I have...used Super duty hydro with 80 Corvette master (4 wheel disc brakes)...work amazing on my other Bronco!