• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I Cut My Bronco In Half Yesterday (7-20-14) - "Finished" Pics Added

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

I think I got carried away with my plasma cutter!! :eek: %)

Last edited:

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Naw Scoop, you did good!!! Plasma Cutter??? Heck I had to use a HF Sawzall!!!!;D;D How is it going back together???

Attachments

• FSCN1272.JPG
    FSCN1272.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 304
  • FSCN1270.JPG
    FSCN1270.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 294
OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Naw Scoop, you did good!!! Plasma Cutter??? Heck I had to use a HF Sawzall!!!!;D;D How is it going back together???

8 inch frame stretch to move the rear diff back. Here's the new frame section I will be using.

Attachments

• IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 470
OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
New frame section is back on! Ended up getting about 8 1/2 inches stretch on the frame.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL, hate it when that happens... Looking good man

ransil

Bronco Guru
Them retired guy's have lots of time to do this.

I should ship mine down..

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Them retired guy's have lots of time to do this.

I should ship mine down..

I thought you just got "Wrenched and Roasted"??? What more do you need done? LOL

By the way how did that go? Where are the pics??

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice job Gary-you will like the extra wheelbase. Now about that front 44....... :)
Hope you and Kyle are enjoying your summer.
Karl

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Nice job Gary-you will like the extra wheelbase. Now about that front 44....... :)
Hope you and Kyle are enjoying your summer.
Karl

Thanks Karl. I'm shooting for a total of 104 or so. 8 1/2 frame, 1 1/2 Zero Rates, and ~3 kicking the front out. Lee N and Chris T recommend 108" but don't think I can get there without some serious front end mods. Maybe a future 4-link rear would get me there!

We're enjoying the summer. We've been to CO twice already and will be going back up in August.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Thanks Karl. I'm shooting for a total of 104 or so. 8 1/2 frame, 1 1/2 Zero Rates, and ~3 kicking the front out. Lee N and Chris T recommend 108" but don't think I can get there without some serious front end mods. Maybe a future 4-link rear would get me there!

We're enjoying the summer. We've been to CO twice already and will be going back up in August.

Just put the duff's 3.5" 4 link on mine during the wrench & roast you got it apart might as well do it.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I thought you just got "Wrenched and Roasted"??? What more do you need done? LOL

By the way how did that go? Where are the pics??

Drove it in , winched it out ;D

few thing to finish up.. exhaust need re done had to remove it all to fit the 4 link.
wiring didn't get put back in

the big stuff got done and I go me some kick ass welds on there, Kevin can weld..

I have a time lapse video from my GoPro , should have it up in the next few days

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Just put the duff's 3.5" 4 link on mine during the wrench & roast you got it apart might as well do it.

It's a matter of money right now! It's easy to put the leafs back on for now. It won't be that hard to install the 4-link later on the stretched frame at a later date.

Hardest part of the leaf reinstall was getting the outer bushing sleeves out of the spring eyes. They were tough to get out! Got some Duff bushings to go back in.

Drove it in , winched it out ;D

few thing to finish up.. exhaust need re done had to remove it all to fit the 4 link.
wiring didn't get put back in

the big stuff got done and I go me some kick ass welds on there, Kevin can weld..

I have a time lapse video from my GoPro , should have it up in the next few days

Yeah, I've been wishin' Kevin was in Texas!! The time lapse GoPro video should be interesting.

What wheel base did you end up with?