• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I found another one hiding behind a garage, or it found me!!

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
A nice fellow stopped by the house the other day, wanting to trade me some funny green paper for some of my hard metal parts and various vehicles about the property, seemed funny to me, but I humored him and sold him an old wheel and gave him some junk air conditioners....The whole thing seemed funny to me until he was about to leave, and spied the second bronco hardtop he had seen. Then he asked if I had a bronco to go with it. I told him mine was in the shop getting torn down to the frame....
Want another one?
THere it was the question that always gets it started.
Well, not much money to spend, but I don't know maybe if it's cheap, I am getting divorced anyway, so what the heck....
How much?
I bet he would take a few hundred........
NOW you have my attention.
So long story short, I get the number and go up there and this is what I found.
REally solid 68, with 289 and 3 speed, headers and brand new dual exhaust, the chassis and drivetrain has been gone through and was all cleaned and painted...it's a bit dirty now, but still in great shape.
I found very little rust in the truck, the bottom of the tailgate is toast, there were a few small holes in the one inner fender....the floorboards look scaly but I didn't see any holes....haven't dug that deep yet, but looks good
The rear floor is very solid, the posts in good shape, with the pass side striker only one needing any work, it needs a striker pin, and maybe some small repair toward the bottom.
It has late model F150 or bronco wheels, I had to pay $50 extra for.
decent chrome bumper, great radiator and shroud, and a 2" body lift, its cut for flares, and did have 35's on it.
$350 total, and He will deliver for gas money with the roll back!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Is it me or did the deal of the year just find me?
I am stoked, it won't take much to get this running and on the road so I have a driver while working on my 72.

Attachments

• shop and explorer 069RS.JPG
    shop and explorer 069RS.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 141
  • shop and explorer 070RS.JPG
    shop and explorer 070RS.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 251
  • shop and explorer 071RS.JPG
    shop and explorer 071RS.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 213
  • shop and explorer 073RS.JPG
    shop and explorer 073RS.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 183
  • shop and explorer 074RS.JPG
    shop and explorer 074RS.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 150
  • shop and explorer 077RS.JPG
    shop and explorer 077RS.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 177
  • shop and explorer 078RS.JPG
    shop and explorer 078RS.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 166

B_lineBronco

Loc.
Red Bluff
I think that I hate you...

I realize that hate may be a little strong, but I have been looking for several months, digging through every newspaper add, web site, rumer, you name it and can't seem to find anything.

Great find and congradulations on your deal (you of course did run out and buy a lottery ticket on the way home right?)

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
I think I spied some of the good spray paint ;D

Lucky Bas.....ket

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Think about it this way
You bought yourself a good dual exhaust, and he threw in a bronco

Hey where is the distributor, and fuel line to the carb??

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I've got an old junker I think I'll move it up close to the road under a tree ...
Maybe some one will make an excelent find....

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
After further inspection of the pictures... I need to warn you that you have been scamboogled.... He took your green notes and ran. That rig is completely unsafe and can't be fixed. I noticed the dreaded red driveshafts.... They were recalled in '69. Unsafe at any speed.

Fortunately, I have a solution. Since you're a dear friend, I will dispose of the problem for you. I may even return a few of those green notes to you....since you are such a good friend and all.....

grauerfam

Loc.
Owings Mills,MD
Watch out Chris, you'll have so many projects all you will do is go to the garage, drink beer and think about the possibilities!

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
bet you feel guilty about the excessive amount you paid for a pile of J**k
LOL Nice score I am jealous
TOFIC

OP
OP
C

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Don, those parts are in my shop, I have almost everything this rig is missing.

She isn't perfect by any means, but heck for the money, I can't go wrong....
I thought all sub $500 broncos came standard with advanced cancer....??
This must be a special order, cause I can't really find it...
SOme minor spots, but the chassis has almost zero, and the tub is Very solid...
Can't wait to get it home.
TobinJ's free 289 just found a new home!
Chris
Off to bed, must rise early to head up to paragon.
Thanks for the comments guys.
Don't be hatin

OP
OP
C

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Larry, your point is??? LOL
This one won't take much, it's just gonna be a beater til the 72 is done.
It will probably serve duty as a streeter/work rig for now and won't really take much to get on the road.
Joe, where would a guy be without friends like you.
Gee, the old man is missing all the fun isn't he....
If you see him in the morning med line, tell him to check in...:D

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
WOW!!:eek: That is a dream find, I'm always looking for a deal like this (as everybody is). I love it when conversations start off like that. Take more pic's in the day light and show it off somemore.

B_lineBronco I realize that hate may be a little strong, but I have been looking for several months, digging through every newspaper add, web site, rumer, you name it and can't seem to find anything.

Great find and congradulations on your deal (you of course did run out and buy a lottery ticket on the way home right?)

How long have you lived in Red Bluff? I may no where a few are. Shot me a PM.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Someday I hope to be as lucky as you on this one!!
What a good day that turned out to be!!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Isn't it great to find one? I've found two that way. I'm running a home for little wanderers if you want to contribute......Nice pictures where it sits as well, SCORE!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Chris: Awesome find - you Bronco magnet, you!

Years ago I was talking to a old guy who collected cars. I didn't really believe him at the time but he told me that once you get started the cars start finding you! I guess word gets around and people see you driving one, or someone spots one in you yard, and people start saying "I know where one of those are . . ." It is true. I've had the opportunity to look at several Broncos "found" in this manner - one of them I did buy. But I don't think I've ever been offered a deal as good as the one you just got! Way to go!

OP
OP
C

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Thanks Gary, sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I was likely winching when this came through....Paragon in the snow is AWESOME!!!!!
Ask Art about his new body damage, right after I said, It doesn't look that bad, come on down!! LIke some demented Bob Barker, I led him straight into the path of destruction.
Sorry Art.....
Thanks for the ride

WTG MtnGote!! I've done a lot of that to finance my other project.
Just might pay for this one yet. ;-)

chris

No more Rock Crawler
ChrisinWV said:
Thanks Gary, sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I was likely winching when this came through....Paragon in the snow is AWESOME!!!!!
Ask Art about his new body damage, right after I said, It doesn't look that bad, come on down!! LIke some demented Bob Barker, I led him straight into the path of destruction.
Sorry Art.....
Thanks for the ride

WTG MtnGote!! I've done a lot of that to finance my other project.
Just might pay for this one yet. ;-)

What, no pictures?

FerrumCampitor

Loc.
Hutchinson, MN
Wow thats an awesome find! I paid that much for a '75 with a junked out body and no engine or tranny (bought it for the axles). I'm jealous! Congrats!