• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I think I am ready to sell my 74 bronco...any ideas where?

sunderwoodAZ

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I am the 2nd owner of an almost perfect 1974 Bronco with 36K original miles on it. I think it is time to sell it and let someone else to enjoy. Any ideas where the best place to start is? It is Barret Jackson worthy but I do not want that hassle. It was just apprised at 95K.

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
BaT is an option, of course. However I have heard they’re a real pain work work with to get the truck listed. It takes months and hundreds of pics/videos.

chuddy

BaT is an option, of course. However I have heard they’re a real pain work work with to get the truck listed. It takes months and hundreds of pics/videos.
Not if you do a No Reserve auction. I'll be listing mine with them and it will take 3 weeks to get it up on their site.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Don't include "all original" in the description. It makes folks immediately try to find something that's not original and they'll pick the bronco apart in the conversations and comments no matter where you decide to sell it. Just from the one pic in your avatar, there's items that can be seen that aren't original.

OP
OP
sunderwoodAZ

sunderwoodAZ

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Don't include "all original" in the description. It makes folks immediately try to find something that's not original and they'll pick the bronco apart in the conversations and comments no matter where you decide to sell it. Just from the one pic in your avatar, there's items that can be seen that aren't original.
I see that ...LOL

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
There is no way I'll do a no reserve auction with them. They had my info and all the photos and still not up. Been like 4-5 months
That's amazing that it's been that long. Have you been in contact with them during all that time?

Todd Z.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I'd be happy to help you sell it on BaT. 4-5 months is insane. Just sold a 1 owner Firebird on there for a client earlier this year and it was a very straight forward process. I would also recommend Classic Bronco specific Facebook groups but not their Marketplace. You will get spam galore.

You could also list it for free on Hagerty Marketplace. I have clients buying cars thru Hemmings still too.

If it is truly near perfect, I would let certain members here run thru it with a fine tooth comb to be sure/fix small items and then definitely put it through Barrett Jackson in Feb. They should give you a Fri afternoon or Saturday mid day spot

OP
OP
sunderwoodAZ

sunderwoodAZ

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I'd be happy to help you sell it on BaT. 4-5 months is insane. Just sold a 1 owner Firebird on there for a client earlier this year and it was a very straight forward process. I would also recommend Classic Bronco specific Facebook groups but not their Marketplace. You will get spam galore.

You could also list it for free on Hagerty Marketplace. I have clients buying cars thru Hemmings still too.

If it is truly near perfect, I would let certain members here run thru it with a fine tooth comb to be sure/fix small items and then definitely put it through Barrett Jackson in Feb. They should give you a Fri afternoon or Saturday mid day spot
hi I might want your help....details? fee?

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Something is wrong with that timeline. Different vehicle but I'd say I was closer to 3 weeks.

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
Northwest Suburbs, Chicago
I just sold one of my 73s on BaT. It took about 3 weeks. I did a reserve. You can always lower it. You can supplement what they write in the comments section.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I see that ...LOL
Lol, no it really gets carried sometimes. Some guys will claim that "this" is original and then others will say "no it's not" and it goes on and on and others chime in and before long it's just a cluster and everyone forgets about how nice the bronco really is regardless of how "original" it is or isn't. Happens a lot unfortunately.