• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I'll let you know if they fit in a few weeks a build story

OP
OP
fetorino

fetorino

Loc.
Orange, CA
A little progress

Spent some time a week or so ago coming up with a bracket design. I asked Bronchitis (Rob) to make it for me (I'm short on time, tools and talent in fabing sheet metal). Plus Rob had made a clean bracket for attaching a Lee or PSC reservoir to the Explorer bracket.

What do you think?

bracket2.jpg

bracket.jpg

What is it for you say? Lets see if anyone is watching my build or guesses.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I see it but feel stupid because I am still not sure what it is for!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Rob,

Looks like it is lined up pretty good! Glad that it seems to be working out based on the drawing. :cool:

OP
OP
fetorino

fetorino

Loc.
Orange, CA
Rob its dead on. Clean straight, nice welds exact dimensions from the drawing it fits like a glove. I can't wait to get everything mounted up to see if my plan turns out clean.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Rob,

Sweet! If your attention to detail is anything like the rest of the truck with the resevoir im sure it will work out well!

How did the other bracket work out? Hopefully better! ;D

OP
OP
fetorino

fetorino

Loc.
Orange, CA
Done with the Holiday prep and functions

So I found some energy to get back to work on the bronco

Did some custom trimming on my Broncitis PS reservoir bracket and painted it.

psbracketres.jpg

The PSC clamp fits nice on this bracket now I just need Lee Manufacturing to finish my reservoir and send it to me.

psbracketres2.jpg

I also drilled the mounting holes, painted and fitted my Broncitis filter bracket. I also plumed the Hydro lines. I just need to grab 2 45 deg fittings and my reservoir and I'll be done with this part of my project. I ran hose with rebuildable AN fittings from the pump to the hydro and then from the hydro to the bulkhead fittings. The Winch is hardline to the bulkhead fittings and then more hose to the PS box and to the filter. The filter to the cooler is hardlined in stainless 3/8" like the winch and then another hose with rebuildable AN fittings to the soon to be here Lee Aluminum PS reservoir.

psbracketreveal-1.jpg

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Lookin good! keep up the good work and lookin forward to swing it all plumbed up! Sent u a pm.

Lookin at the pics again and I just noticed that there is just enough room to fit the Radiator/Windshiels washer Resevoir in front of the bracket! Sweet, I was wondering if there would still be enough room?

Last edited: