• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Installing Chrome Window Vents Cover (??)

WDGS

I have no idea what you call these things - chrome window vents?

Anyway, any advice on how to install them? I got them with a lot of other parts. I have the window chrome off, for one. I also have a brand new felt and anti-rattle kit from TBP.

There is a screw or rivet hole on one side of each vent - does it go engine side or tailgate side?

Screw? Rivet? Where do I even start?

windowvent1.jpg

windowvent2.jpg

hotrodtim68

Contributor
stainless vents

Hey guy; in referrence to mounting these vents ; tuck between door frame and felt; front half uses screw exposed to mount vent shade.You must drill hole in wing window frame, screw will be exposed on front vent mount . Like I said ,between steel window door frame and window felt, disregard the stainless sport trim you see in the pictures. Preferably stainless screws. TIM:cool: Hope this helps.

Attachments

• DSCF1775.jpg
    DSCF1775.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF1776.jpg
    DSCF1776.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF1774.jpg
    DSCF1774.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
W

WDGS

Horrodtim,

That was about as good a post and answer as I could have ever expected. I had them and the new felt kits installed within an hour of reading it.

Thanks guys!