• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is this the 2 post way?

joshua

Contributor
Go to S.V. For the short version

The biggest reason I purchased my lift was for my bronco. I’ve had it 9 months and I just love it.

Winter has finally arrived and this would be my winter garage project. One thing I severely overlooked was lifting the bronco on a 2 post lift. Even though I have read so many horror stories how these seem to fall off of mechanics lifts. Guess it didn’t click.

I have put many vehicles on the lift, full size Audi sedans, many Subarus, a Dodge Durango, and even a full size bronco. I’ve felt very safe under all of them, and I have just loved it.

S.V.
BUT!!!! Today I put the bronco on and it’s super bouncy, pretty darn scary actually. These are what I found suggested for lift points. Not a fan, but I don’t have a better solution. There no drivetrain in it wonder if that’s the issue. It’s a maxjax 7k epoxied into 10 inches of concrete. Idk maybe just being paranoid.

Attachments

• IMG_3948.jpeg
    IMG_3948.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_3947.jpeg
    IMG_3947.jpeg
    373.1 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Soylent

Contributor
Loc.
California
You are not alone. The EB is the only car/truck I lifted that does not feel safe to be under. Currently I stack the short and long cylinder adapter and place in the body mount bracket infront of the doors. Fairly stable there. The rear I lift at the front shackle for leaf spring using the U frame adapters. Not ideal . Then I use two of the 2-ton Harbor Freight under lift jack stand under the rear axle and one under the front frame crossmember.

IMG_7087.jpeg

I plan on using a pair of these adapter to lift at the frame further rearward than the front spring shackle

IMG_7407.jpeg

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
We made a brkt to go to the body mount up front. Lodges in there nicely.

Rear we center the pad under the eye of the leaf spring.

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
I have seen pictures on here of Broncos on a two post lift, WITH a couple (few) hundred lbs of tractor weights bolted to rear frame horns.
With no driveline I would expect the CG to be some where near the firewall.

@Yeller or @nvrstuk ?

nvrstuk

Contributor
Typical balance point front to back is within inches of the body mount under the seats. I have a pic in my build thread of this balance point.

OP
OP
joshua

joshua

Contributor
Typical balance point front to back is within inches of the body mount under the seats. I have a pic in my build thread of this balance point.

If you could snap me a picture of those brackets, and then the brackets installed into the body mount brackets I would be very grateful.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I used ratchet straps to strap the arms to the Bronco when I was using it on my lift.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I use a lift pad extension pin to go into the front cab mount under the fire wall. Works well and I always use lift stands under the bumpers to ensure stability. I’ve never had one I felt was even close to falling off.

Maybe we can get @Scoop to post a few pics of his, I would but pics of my bronco on a lift would be of no help, I lift mine off the rockers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
joshua

joshua

Contributor
I use a lift pad extension pin to go into the front cab mount under the fire wall. Works well and I always use lift stands under the bumpers to ensure stability. I’ve never had one I felt was even close to falling off.

Maybe we can get @Scoop to post a few pics of his, I would but pics of my bronco on a lift would be of no help, I lift mine off the rockers.
You have rock sliders?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I use 2 lengths of square tubing that run under the front axle and rear axle. Then I lift from under the tubing. Works really good except if you need the suspension to droop. Very safe. 2.5'' sq. x 1/4''

OX1

Bronco Guru
What transfer case is that.

I use a 4 post with bridge jacks. Never any worry. Definitely give and take. Broncos on 2 posts need additional help as mentioned.

Same. I almost never use my 2 post. Maybe for full frame off's or testing out suspension travel. Otherwise, 4 post with two cross jacks (or even one for front and jack plate/bottle jacks for rear) does everything two post does and a decent amount you can't do on a 2 post (or at least not easily).

I do remember using ratchet straps in front with 2 post, but was never really happy about being under there that way,

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
. . .

Maybe we can get @Scoop to post a few pics of his, . . .

On my trail rig I stack the long and short extensions for the front and use the body mount bracket. On the rear I use the front leaf spring hanger. And use my granddaughter for ballast! (Just kidding!)

IMG_2172.JPG

Last edited:

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
With any 2-post, stabilizer jacks are your friend, and I use them regardless of what I'm lifting. That said, front body mount and forward rear leaf spring hanger works well on the EB...on my diesel SuperDuty, I go to the radius arms up front without any issues, and it's twice the weight of the EB and easily 1.5 times the length.

nvrstuk

Contributor
If you could snap me a picture of those brackets, and then the brackets installed into the body mount brackets I would be very grateful.
PM me and when I get back on Sat I'll be glad to do it.