• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

It's sure nice to have cars that can share parts!

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I was driving along last week and noticed my temperature was very low. I thought about stopping to pick up a new thermostat when I saw that the oil pressure was also low, and the tank was reading very low. I thought ah-ha, instrument voltage regulator!
I stopped to get one at the NAPA. They would have to order it , and it is going to be almost $40!
I went home to order one online, but remembered the old gauge cluster I had stashed away. I switched the regulators, and the replacement was bad too.
I've got a '62 Ranchero project going on. It's getting a Dakota Digital gauge cluster, so it didn't need its regulator. It fit the Bronco and works perfectly.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I remember being in the dash of my '87 BroncoII and it sure looks like the same IVR. Sometimes had an issue when you pulled off the highway and the temp gauge would peg, so would the gas gauge. I knew where the IVR was at and would tap the meter at that location and the gauges would drop back to normal. This was in the 90's. Just saying they never did get them perfected. Thought about doing a solid state 5V regulator, but that would remove the ambient temperature compensation. I just kept tapping once every couple of months Did that for about 3 years until I had to get rid of it.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
always convenient when it's that one rig you have stashed away that offers up parts you need. just gotto remember what you pilfered out of it...