• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Worth the wait for sure! Over a year of owning one.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
So there is a lot of talk about the new bronco both good and bad. I wanted to give my 2 cents since I have real word experience of owning one for about a year and another for 6 months.
I was an early 2021reservation holder and converted to an order in August 2021. I had ordered and non SAS 4door badlands V6 leather velocity blue for my wife. She was going to need a new car in the near future.
Everyone knows how messed up the order process and delivery was so I wont go into that. Jump to May of 2022 we were sick of waiting she was having problems with her expedition so I found a nice 4 door black diamond in cyber orange, traded the Expedition in on it. I wasn't sure about the color at first but I now love it! See attached pic taken right after we got it. I kept my badlands order and figured I would just trade the Jeep I got in on it when it came in.
So the wife drove the new bronco last summer and fell in love with it. Plenty of power out of the 4cyl, easy to put the soft top up and down. Easy to drive, handled well, and got about the same MPG as the Expedition. She wanted bigger tires so I picked up a set of nearly new Wildtrack tires and wheels got a basic 2" spacer lift and had that put on in the fall. Totally changed the look of the truck and didnt hurt the handling or performance at all. I fell in love with it even more as we drove it. She went on to get in an accident with it totaled the car she hit but only did bumper damage to the bronco (about $1,500 in damage), then about a month after getting it fixed she hit a deer at 60mph and crushed the bumper, and air dam in the front. That bill was worse than the car accident! Got the truck back and every was good. It has done everything we have wanted it to do and even made a trip to Rausch Creek Offroad park this spring where we wheeled it I was cautious at first but by the end of the day we just drove right over whatever we wanted. See attached pictures. So the only issues we have had with it is the rear passenger window stopped working properly took it back to the dealer had it adjusted and it has been fine since. No other issues at all got about 25,000 miles on it.

My Badlands order came in Labor Day weekend of 2022. I traded the Jeep in on it and drove it. It was great but I didn't need two 4 door broncos. So I kept my eyes open for a two door. In December my dealer calls me says we got a 2 door Black diamond with the V6, I said I want it. So I traded my badlands with about 3,000 miles on it in on the 2door black diamond and couldn't be happier. It is the Mid package, Hot Pepper red, black diamond, V6 tow package. It hauls ass when you put it in sport mode, and is very comfortable to drive. In January I found another like new set of SAS wheels and tires and ordered the same lift I put on my wife's. It made the bronco pop for sure and I am completely satisfied with it. I haven't had a chance to wheel it yet. I love it no complaints about 5,600 mile on it and no problems.

So over all I love the new bronco, is it as cool as my EB? No but it has the soul of the original but with modern feel. I love the look of the two door but the 4 door is way more practical. Are thy perfect? NO they are a true SUV, not super plush, or perfect fit and finish. Itis still a Ford (our EBs were far from perfect). No regrets at all and yes they are 100 times better than the 4 door Jeep wrangler! If anyone wants to know anything else just ask!

Attachments

• 20220527_192835.jpg
    20220527_192835.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220923_111341.jpg
    20220923_111341.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Resized_20230408_113000.jpg
    Resized_20230408_113000.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Resized_20230408_142818.jpg
    Resized_20230408_142818.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 20221220_165412.jpg
    20221220_165412.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20230128_145147.jpg
    20230128_145147.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 37

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm enjoying the heck out of mine too...although I did miss having my '66 at SuperCel this year. I can't believe that they couldn't have made it where I could tow my EB on a trailer and had both down there this year. To me that would be perfect!

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
can't believe that they couldn't have made it where I could tow my EB on a trailer and had both down there this year. To me that would be perfect!
I agree that is one area I wish was better was its towing capacity. 3,500 lbs is not much. My boat weighs about 5,000 and it would sure be nice to be able to tow it with the bronco.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
1683280287485.png I saw this on another site, I guess some like to live dangerously.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
26k miles on our 22' 2D v6 Badlands. No issues other than the window/door adjustments for extreme wind noise and crosswinds sucking the tops of the windows out while going down the highway. It's my wife's daily driver and she still seems to like it. There's been a few times where space was either lacking or really lacking, so we just used the Excursion lol.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
View attachment 902153 I saw this on another site, I guess some like to live dangerously.
NO WAY I WOULD DO THAT! Unless it was just to move a trailer across the yard. Too short of a wheel base and too light of springs. Also look at how the trailer hitch is attached to the frame not a lot of meat.