• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Jackpot...not Powerball just bronco parts

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I finally get to be one of those people "in the right place at the right time". My better half stops in to visit a guy every so often who runs a gas station because he's a long time bronco guy. Saturday he visits and the guy says he is closing and everything has to go. So, long story short, we bought ALL the bronco parts for one money. We brought half of it home yesterday, going back Wednesday to get the rest.

Most will be sold after we get it all home and figure out what we really have. I know it includes gas tanks (main and 1 aux for 77), front bumpers, back seats, front seats, hubcaps, wheels, and LOTs of small stuff still in mfg boxes.

The best part is a NOS tailgate and possibly a lift gate - we'll see them on Wednesday.

So keep an eye out in the classifieds for parts later on. Here's a quick pic of my truck yesterday.

The sad news is - we missed out on buying the 5 broncos he had. Only one was really decent, a 73 he had been rebuilding until he was hurt in an accident. Would have loved to have gotten that one but someone else beat us to it.

Attachments

• bronco parts 1.jpg
    bronco parts 1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 317
  • bronco parts 2.jpg
    bronco parts 2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 294

BRONCOBERT

I finally get to be one of those people "in the right place at the right time". My better half stops in to visit a guy every so often who runs a gas station because he's a long time bronco guy. Saturday he visits and the guy says he is closing and everything has to go. So, long story short, we bought ALL the bronco parts for one money. We brought half of it home yesterday, going back Wednesday to get the rest.

Most will be sold after we get it all home and figure out what we really have. I know it includes gas tanks (main and 1 aux for 77), front bumpers, back seats, front seats, hubcaps, wheels, and LOTs of small stuff still in mfg boxes.

The best part is a NOS tailgate and possibly a lift gate - we'll see them on Wednesday.

So keep an eye out in the classifieds for parts later on. Here's a quick pic of my truck yesterday.

The sad news is - we missed out on buying the 5 broncos he had. Only one was really decent, a 73 he had been rebuilding until he was hurt in an accident. Would have loved to have gotten that one but someone else beat us to it.

Your better half is a he? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I will be in the market for some stock seats and the nice tailgate! Nice find!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Dayummm, look at all that stuff :) Good score man.

Congrats!

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Your better half is a he? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Judy's better half she is referring to is Roger.;D

Great score Judy and Roger! Drew would be proud since he usually finds that sort of thing.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Great find Judy! Looks like some good stuff. Ranger seats? Looks like a nice grill. You may need to save some of it for the stocker you all are wanting! ;D

OP
OP
P

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great find Judy! Looks like some good stuff. Ranger seats? Looks like a nice grill. You may need to save some of it for the stocker you all are wanting! ;D

Amen Gary, Roger is going to have a hard time parting with some of it.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire

Amen Gary, Roger is going to have a hard time parting with some of it.

Yeah I am not sure how much I would re-distribute just yet until I knew what I did not need. Looks like some real good solid stuff there!

OP
OP
P

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hmmmmmmmmmm, I need a set of hubcaps;D

There are quite a few hubcaps. As soon as we get it all home and sorted I'll take some pics and post in the classifieds. We pick up the second load tomorrow. I forgot what all we had until I had to unload it last night...gas tanks, dash pads, drive shafts, heater motor, stock air cleaners...the list goes on.

I drove my truck to work yesterday with the load on it because we had to rent a storage unit to put it in last night. A co-worker said "are you on your way to the dump with that stuff?" After pausing to keep from saying "are you an idiot", I calmly said "no, that's priceless stuff and I'm gonna get rich". They walked away shaking their head. Just kidding about the rich part though.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
That's awesome Judy! good things happen to good people! will be watching the classifieds myself

OP
OP
P

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's a pic of the second load. We did get the NOS tailgate, I'm really happy about that. The liftgates were there also but none are new. We added hard top glass, a complete steering column (I think) with the clear plastic gear indicator intact, a bunch more small stuff like license plate brackets, etc and some junk too. We had to take the bad with the good to get it all. I'll post stuff in the classifieds soon. We tried to buy some small equipment but he had someone coming to look at all of it so no deal.

Attachments

• bronco parts 3.jpg
    bronco parts 3.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 87
  • bronco parts 4.jpg
    bronco parts 4.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 84
  • gas tanks.jpg
    gas tanks.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 83
  • hubcaps.jpg
    hubcaps.jpg