• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Just Saved 2 Broncos from the weeds tonight(Update)

Attac

Contributor
Bought these 2 tonight. The green one needs a lot of help there are patches everywhere and the red one I cant even hardly see until we clear all of the brush away and pull it out but they will be saved and be on the road again. I guess I am that guy who has to buy the pile of parts and make them whole again. I got a lot of other pieces parts, doors, dashes and such with them. At least I have a buddy and my son doing this with me. When done they will each have a Bronco of their own that they worked on and helped to save.

Attachments

• green bronco.jpg
    green bronco.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 549
  • green inside.jpg
    green inside.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 516
  • red bronco.jpg
    red bronco.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 499
  • red bronco2.jpg
    red bronco2.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Glad to see a couple more saved! Nice find!

Keep us updated on the builds.

OP
OP
Attac

Attac

Contributor
Kinda back story on this. My Son told me riding in mine right after I finished it "Dad I want a Bronco to drive when I get my DL. ye is getting ready to turn 15. Will be his first vehicle and my first was a 77 sport that started this sickness with me. We have one year so the race is on. His girlfriends dad, who is a good buddy of mine saw my Bronco when we pulled up to their house right after I finished it about a month ago and immediately said "I want one!". So here we are. My Buddy just joined the forum as Bronco-Buster so one of these will be his

OP
OP
Attac

Attac

Contributor
Tetanus shots updated right ;)

You know it!!!

Thanks everyone and We will start two build threads after we get them in the barn and all unloaded. My Son will have one thread and my buddy bronco-buster will have another. We are gonna build them both together but they both have their own vision. One will be a roadster and the other a Soft Top.

bronco-buster

Can't wait for the builds to get underway. My 13 year old son is also salivating at the possibility of getting one os these in a few years. :cool:

OP
OP
Attac

Attac

Contributor
Can't wait for the builds to get underway. My 13 year old son is also salivating at the possibility of getting one os these in a few years. :cool:

If I was you I would worry about your 16yo daughter wanting one...Wait a min She will have Chandlers...Never Mind

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
Very cool. Just finishing my part of a father-son build. I bought his for his 13th birthday. can't believe it took 4 1/2 years! Still a lot to do but my job was to make it road worthy. Anger, frustration, and blood. Done. but why am I already itching to start another one?

OP
OP
Attac

Attac

Contributor
Bradenpro
Lol well I did get extra parts also :p

muskrat

Bronco Guru
What I want to know is did the selling let them go to you right away, or was it the typical, "I'm going to get to these broncos some day."?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good save there bud. Look forward to seeing where this one goes :)

OP
OP
Attac

Attac

Contributor
What I want to know is did the selling let them go to you right away, or was it the typical, "I'm going to get to these broncos some day."?

No he used about 4 broncos to make his good one. I don't have a pic but it is a beautiful baby blue and white with shaved doors and bikini top that he cruises around in. He had the "I need to buy as manny as possible mind set when he was building his but ended up making his out of 2 and had these two left over. He has about 5 classic cars he has redone a 40s a 50s a couple of 60s and a 70s.

OP
OP
Attac

Attac

Contributor
Getting ready to go start picking up these in a little while. Let me see
Chainsaw.....check
Brush cutter ...check
Machete ..... Check
Trailer with winch....check
Plastic bins for all of the pieces parts.....check
Anti venom kit .....check :eek:

stus70brc

Contributor
Glad you saved them! Can't wait for the pics! Oh don't forget the wasp spray lol!!