• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

late model 302 clutch linkage,and front accessories drive questions

ricky

Loc.
beaumon,texas 77706
hi everyone,wanted to ask what the majority of bronco owners are doing for a clutch backet hole on the later model (1987-1995) 302 blocks? my early bronco has a threaded hole in the block,back on the drivers side of the block near the bell housing for the clutch linkage to bolt too,on my new motor,that hole is not there..what is everyone doing for a brace here? also,i have the complete access drive off my 1992 mustang,i was wanting to use the foxbody style alt,and power steering pump in this swap..i'm not good on wiring at all,is this going to be a big chore to wire the newer style alt to exsisting wire harness? and what all is involved in using the newer style power steering pump? just changing out the hoses? thanks for any help,Rick

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
hi everyone,wanted to ask what the majority of bronco owners are doing for a clutch backet hole on the later model (1987-1995) 302 blocks? my early bronco has a threaded hole in the block,back on the drivers side of the block near the bell housing for the clutch linkage to bolt too,on my new motor,that hole is not there..what is everyone doing for a brace here? also,i have the complete access drive off my 1992 mustang,i was wanting to use the foxbody style alt,and power steering pump in this swap..i'm not good on wiring at all,is this going to be a big chore to wire the newer style alt to exsisting wire harness? and what all is involved in using the newer style power steering pump? just changing out the hoses? thanks for any help,Rick

-Clutch bracket adapter sold at Wild Horses
-Serpentine belt set up off 92 mustang, you will have to use aftermarket reverse rotation fan, it will be close to the radiator. Average distance is around an inch.
-G2 alternator from a mustang will work, better to use a G3 type, less wires to hook up and more Amps. Yes it will require some wiring skill to make the G2 work.
-Factory mustang P/S pump will work, not the best for big tires, it makes a whining noise that most do not like. Pressure hose is a custom make