• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lesson learned -hydroboost

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
So installed WH Moab hydroboost to BP Bronco 306 with BP front end on off road built. Fairly straightforward install, until. Very hard turning, hours spent trying to bleed air. Finally bought PS pressure gauge, idle pressure good but no high pressure. So pulled high pressure line from PS pump and trickle of fluid. Bad pump. Folks at CVF, vendor to BP, were great, sent new pump and said keep old one. So installed new pump, no help. Matt and Paul at WH were very helpful during this entire process. In frustration started pulling new hoses to check for obstruction. What do u know, new hose made at OReillys had been crimped to hard, small metal lip broke off and was partially obstructing hose. I had flow but insufficient to build pressure. New hose end appears to have solved that issue. Now will check every new hose before installation. Lesson learned.

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the heads-up on this lesson learned, I have my WH hydroboost install coming next and hoping it goes smooth.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Good lesson. Someday I hope to install hb brakes. For now it's just disc/drum. Stops ok,not great but good enuff.;)