• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking Coyote swap shop in California.. or close

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
It’s not a shop. It’s a guy named Jim.
He’s probably not searchable as a professional builder. Everything he does is professional and then some, but he no longer runs the bronco based service company that he used to have.

haha It happens

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Send me a PM, and I'll have him contact you tomorrow. He's not hiding. He just wasn't available online yesterday. (mostly because we were on the road.)

I'm the guy that bought his last unfinished Coyote project. I'm almost done collecting parts, and the Coyote is now sitting in the Chassis. I've done my fair share of 5.0 swaps, but this is my first Coyote. I usually don't work for money. Maybe I should?

If you are in the Bay Area, you can stop by my place here in Fremont. I can show you first hand what to watch out for.

James.

Good man brother...

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Good point. I guess I’m just at a point where I can upgrade the bronco and they hype of the coyote is intriguing. I’m really just looking for low maintenance, modernized, fuel injection with an updated auto trans. Currently I’ve got a tired 351w and an uncommonly used 3 speed transmission.
I’d just rebuild the 351w and add the factory ford EFI
And a five speed manual like a NV 3500 or whatever . Or a four speed auto
If you want a roller cam , the 351s in the late 90s 15 passenger vans were roller cam .

The easiest and cheapest is to buy a running driving 5.0 explorer and use it for a donor car . They are not expensive and usually it’s a lot cheaper to get the while driving car than just the engine and trans .

Last edited:

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
At least get a quote and talk with Jason at BC Broncos in Kerrville, Texas. I think he was first to do Coyote swaps and has lots of experience. Check out their web site first.

TBone911

I'm in NorCal too, trying to decide if I want to by a Ford truck to transplant a Coyote I have sitting on my garage floor. I was planning on putting it in a Mustang but that fell to pieces and an early 70's Ford frame seems like the easiest way to go. The prices I've found for just the motor swap are not anything near what you've mentioned earlier. Since I have the motor/transmission, its just a matter of finding a donor vehicle and then all the parts to accommodate the swap. Minus the vehicle and labor, I'm up to about $15K in my estimate. I'd love to have a shop do it and hand it back to me in a month because I can see this taking me a year, one weekend at a time.

If you find a shop in NorCal with Coyote swap experience, please update your post.