• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX Looking for restomod/coyote/full rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasBronco

Looking to find a coyote motor'd EB that is totally sorted and quite nice with all the regular items (PS,P Disc B, A/C, Cut/Uncut okay, lift okay, cage, new interior, audio setup, etc)... Would REALLY prefer a manual, however I'm aware coyote/ZF's optioned EB's are basically nonexistant.

Been watching the market for months, called on the Black Edition EB that went for $100k (didn't think it was worth that), basically just looking to pick up one of these at a reasonable price. For the right car, I'm willing to spend up, but don't send me ridiculous Velocity Restoration $130k broncos lol.

Will fly wherever necessary to snag ride, price obviously depends on car.

ajonesny

There aren't many in existence relatively speaking. You're probably better off buying a bronco and have a company like BC Broncos do the swap.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
There aren't many in existence relatively speaking. You're probably better off buying a bronco and have a company like BC Broncos do the swap.

/\/\/\ +1 on that!

For the manual transmission donor these have the same bolt pattern for the bellhousing/transmission:

Modular V8 pattern

4.6L SOHC/DOHC V8 (later castings, F3VE and up)
5.0L Coyote DOHC V8
5.4L SOHC/DOHC V8
6.2L Boss SOHC V8
6.7L "Scorpion" Ford Power Stroke DI turbo diesel V8 << what you probably don't want
6.8L Triton SOHC V10

So a ZF from an F250 could be found that fits.

But I would avoid the diesel engine, IIRC those have a close ratio ZF instead of the wide ratio used in the gas engine trucks.

OP
OP
D

DallasBronco

Yep, totally understand, and if funds were no object, I'd probably have BC do a full build for me... Unfortunately the resale of new builds makes it hard for me to justify, plus I don't have that kind of cash sitting on the sidelines. I've already waited 6 months, don't mind waiting another 6 to find a good deal. The used car market right now is nuts, and I can't imagine there isn't a small correction or cool down coming soon- so I'm trying to be patient :)

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
You will most likely pay as much for one from any other seller as you would having one built for you.

If you have it built the way you want; then you get what you want not what someone else thought he wanted.

I don't expect much in the way of 'market correction' in Bronco prices.
It may happen decades from now, when all the people that want them are in nursing homes and graveyards, but that won't help you much.

OP
OP
D

DallasBronco

All of this seems to be a moot point as BC is backed up like 12 months if I remember. And in my experience, the custom build Broncos typically go for sum of parts and maybe a bit of labor, but new builds never hold value

pony boy

1970 1/2 cab

1970 1/2 cab u14 just finishing up a 10 year resto. THERE WERE ONLY 1700 1/2 CABS MADE IN 1970. no bondo in THE tub. it has a 1969 351w stroked to 408 0 miles. New zf 5spd o miles. all parts(TRANS CASE POWER STEERING GEAR AXLE HOUSINGS AND FRAME ARE powder coated. ft and rear 488 gears. Disc brakes ft and rear. new 23 gal tank.EVERY PART IS NEW OR REFURBISHED!!!! FRAME OFF RESTORATION !!!! I AM READY TO PAINT U pick color!!!! BENCH SEAT OR BUCKETS. all work done by pros looking around 65000.00

Last edited:

gbatey

77 Ranger

I just finished up a 77 Ranger full frame off, powder coated frame. 347 Stroker. Everything rebuilt or replaced. Ford Magnetic Metallic Gray.

Fulltilt06

So how much are you looking to spend on a Coyote Bronco? Full restorations with any of these Bronco guys start at $85k and go up from there. The Coyote kit from BC ends up around 23k and you still have to do all the modifications to the engine compartment, install the engine-trans kit, axle upgrades, steering upgrades, etc. Probably the reason these upper end shops charge so much. You might be better off finding a good used Bronco and waiting for BC to do your drive train swap!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Is the OP trying to get us to bird-dog one for cheap that he can turn around and flip?
Half his posts are about resale.
Also very impatient about getting one, like a buyer is waiting.

OP
OP
D

DallasBronco

So how much are you looking to spend on a Coyote Bronco? Full restorations with any of these Bronco guys start at $85k and go up from there. The Coyote kit from BC ends up around 23k and you still have to do all the modifications to the engine compartment, install the engine-trans kit, axle upgrades, steering upgrades, etc. Probably the reason these upper end shops charge so much. You might be better off finding a good used Bronco and waiting for BC to do your drive train swap!

Totally understand this sentiment, and everyone keeps referring me to builders (Well aware of Tumblin Automotive, they build AWESOME rigs). I unfortunately don't have the budget to throw cash at a new build. I'm only looking for a rig that someone else built/had built, as thats where the value is.

As for the reseller question, no, I couldn't be farther from a reseller. I've only owned 1 EB, and I sold it because I wanted to dump in another 30-40 grand liek the above suggestions with a builder. Only after realizing that the RETURN you get on your cash is negative, did I decide to sell and start looking for an existing build.

People that spend $100k on broncos (the same ones that the forum makes fun of) are the guys that end up selling at 40/50/60 grand.

My obsession with resale stems from pursuit of value. For the same reason I don't go buy a new car and drive it off the lot to lose 12% in one day, is the same reason that I want to buy a rig that has already been built.

I'm asking the forum to help me "bird dog" so that I can find a ridiculously nice EB and drive it for 20 years without feeling the need to constantly upgrade!

I've been looking for about 6 months, and will keep looking until I find a great one!.

OP
OP
D

DallasBronco

Also thought I'd chime in, that I do watch the market and I know what EB's sell for. Is my price low for a new build coyote... absolutely... Is it low for a 2nd hand full custom rig... Perhaps and very possibly, but I don't think so.

Some guys will probably tell me that I'm trying to cheap out when buying a top end truck, and my response would be that I'm trying to find value in the uber high end bronco realm... and given the $145k and $159k bronco asking prices these days, I think most guys would agree with me that its getting harder and harder to do :)

If I had $120k to spend on a rig, there's nothing more I'd love to do than throw the business to BC Broncos or Tumblin b/c I want to support the innovative guys in this niche... unfortunately at 29, I just don't have that kind of scratch to throw at something so illiquid

Status
Not open for further replies.