• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

looking for a bronco mechanic/ very knowledgable person to look at a used bronco with me

bronco23

I am looking for someone that knows a ton about buying a used bronco who can meet me at a house in irvine tomorrow to help me see if the bronco i am looking at is a good one or not. Please let me know asap! I meet the owner tomorrow at noon in Irvine
Sean

66 Bronco Dave

Contributor
Wish I lived closer. Check for rust in the regular places. Look for repairs to sheet metal. A lot of guys just go right over rusty metal with new metal don’t be afraid of a little rust if you plan on repairing it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great idea to post this request up here. Plenty of members at least somewhat nearby.
Problem will likely be the short notice just before a Friday.

Good luck either way!

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Do a deep check, look for wetness for axle seal leaks, seal leaks lead to a deeper pocket to fix, if you can check the fluids, front and rear end differentials, transfer case, tranny, engine, all fluids. Listen for unusual sounds when starting and test driving! Broncos are over priced so use any thing you find to bring down the price! Hope this helps!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
If you don't find someone to go look at it with you, make a detailed video top to bottom, inside and out and upload it to Youtube and then post the link here so we can look it here.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
If you don't find someone to go look at it with you, make a detailed video top to bottom, inside and out and upload it to Youtube and then post the link here so we can look it here.

def won't hurt and good info too boot