• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for a "new" 351W

OP
OP
luderchris

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
Given the specs on your rig, you might be a little disappointed putting a factory spec cam'd motor in your rig. With that much lift, tire size, and I'm assuming axle ratio it's gonna need a good amount of low end torque. I suspect the cam that's currently in your motor has that which is why you like it. Hard to say without knowing the specs on it though.

Assuming you've read the information on an EFI swap, some of those parts will work, but not all. The truck intake is pretty tall, and can be used, but there's better (but more expensive) options out there. If you're planning on carbing it first i'd stick with that plan, and save up for the better EFI stuff. Don't just get rid of the stuff that comes with it though.

Torque isn't really a problem with an NP435 tranny and 5.13 gears. I think a stock 351 will be fine. Especially when comparing $500 for a drop in low mileage motor vs. $5000 for s built motor.