• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

looking for help on intake plaque removal and replacement

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
So this cobra intake is going on my newly installed engine, well soon to be installed engine.

Anyway, this is a "glued" on metal plaque. I have a brand new replacement that says 5.8 as its going on a 5.8.

Question is I can probably heat this one up and get under it to remove it, but the other one doesn't have any adhesive on it?

Whats best to adhere the new on to the intake?

Attachments

• cobra intake.jpg
    cobra intake.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 15

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As i remember those are pretty flimsy, heat may hurt it, use a heat gun not a torch:) I would use sealer of some sort. Might get gutsy and drill and screw, probably not.

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
As i remember those are pretty flimsy, heat may hurt it, use a heat gun not a torch:) I would use sealer of some sort. Might get gutsy and drill and screw, probably not.
Thanks, not worried about damaging the old one. But I want to make sure the NOS one I putting on it doesn't come off?
I am assuming some type of 3m product but hmm I dunno?