• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for Jason Tech ARTICLE

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... OK Guys I'm looking for a tech article that Jason wrote . It's about using a spacer behind the Ford Spindle while swapping to CHEVY DISK BRAKE & FORD ROTORS. But it explains using the 1/4 spacer behind the spindle.
... O can't find the Article..
Any one understand how to search that issue.
.......... THANKS..........

Cooper

Loc.
Northeast
Hello Pa,
Vin beat me to it. I was just reading about this last night and went back looking for it. The second thread that he posted above isn't a tech. article but it does talk about one.
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122546
I scanned the thread and you can look at posts 53, 65, 68 and Jason talks about his article too; so we aren't imagining things. Maybe when John re-organized the Tech. section around 2008 or 2009 it was left out like Jason suggests. There used to be web links listed at the end of each Tech. category / section that I can't seem to locate right now; they used to give you one click connections to the immediately related Tech. article(s) as well as other URL's from the EB community that were related, like Motoman's "Chevy Disc Brake Conversion" and parts list.
In any case there's enough info. in here to figure out how to make the spacer without much effort.
Anyway, hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... Ok I guess I wasn't crazy .. At least there is not a tech article available.

Maybe enough of information . I always thought the washer would go on the inside Not on the outer side.
.. I can see how this will work with the bolt & washer .. But not with this washer or spacer.