• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Loss to the Bronco Community

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
As some of you already know, John Karp who was the K in KbarS passed away yesterday. He was well respected in the community. Everyone who ever dealt with him seemed to have nothing but good things to say about him and his love and knowledge for Broncos.

Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Attachments

• IMG_2154.jpg
    IMG_2154.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_1816.JPG
    IMG_1816.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_2156.jpg
    IMG_2156.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 281

phred

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Legend! I found one of their old catalogs in my file cabinet over the weekend. I bought lots of parts from him. Very helpful to a bronco owner back in the early 80’s when I acquired my first one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had the pleasure of dealing with Jon and their company in the mid 90's. Shocks, suspension, accessories for the first couple broncos I restored. I also purchased on of his TopLoader 4speed conversions for a previous bronco. Very pleased with that tranny-Ken later told me it was one of the last 4speeds Jon did. The business we did resulted in me being able to fly out and go on one of Jon's Ghost town bronco tours in either '97 or '98. One of my all time favorite bronco memories. Meet some neat folks from Ca. who drove their ebs and then ran the tour- I rode with Jon in "big red"- 'charged 351 Windsor. We also rode on a portion of the Mint course which was very cool.
Super gentleman who did alot for our addictions!!!
Prayers for his family.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 161

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Thoughts and prayers for his family. Rest In Peace, John. Thanks for helping pioneer the Bronco hobby.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
God speed John,
My first lift and shock kits were K bar S

What did K Bar S stand for, anybody know?

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
As a young 21 year old, I remember heading to their shop during a Vegas trip. I didn't want to gamble. I wanted to go there. I ended up buying a fiberglass hood and other accessories. I wish I would have kept the catalog, stickers and other KBarS stuff.

RIP!

68Broncoz

Contributor
Sorry to hear

I remembered buying parts from them back in the day for my EB. One of the few places to buy parts.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
My sister and brother in law visited K BAR S when they were in Vegas. John gave them a tour and my sister got some great photos. John gave her a T shirt for me. He went out of his way to give them a warm welcome and shared his time and stories with them. God Bless John Karp and may he rest in peace,

JD

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
never had the good fortune of meeting him, but is well know....God Speed Mr. Karp

Jakedog

He was a great guy to talk to about Broncos. In the early 90`s I had a few conversations with him about my 75. The guy was full of information and stories about Broncos. I bought a lot of parts from K bar S, and I was lucky enough to visit their shop in Vegas back in 95.

He was a pleasure to talk to, and he will be missed.

Rest in peace, John.

dismantler

Loc.
Las Vegas
As some of you already know, John Karp who was the K in KbarS passed away yesterday. He was well respected in the community. Everyone who ever dealt with him seemed to have nothing but good things to say about him and his love and knowledge for Broncos.

Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.

"With this Bronco (Tenderfoot) if you come to a mountain you can't climb you can tear it down" John Karp