• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Master list of non-stock front seat options - what do you use?

skrit

Contributor
A Horse with No Name
Loc.
Durham
I've done "some" searching on the forum for an updated discussion on seat options. I couldn't find a consolidated one. I did find this one from 20 years ago: https://classicbroncos.com/seatoptions.shtml. I like the format - maybe we can get this updated with 2024 options?

Lets see what seats everyone is using.
  • Add some good pics - mandatory!
  • What aftermarket type are they or what donor vehicle were they were sourced?
  • What is the seat material (fabric, vinyl, leather, custom)?
  • Top of the seat bottom height to floor measurement?
  • What do you like/not like about them?
  • Add any links to your own forum posts related to the seats and mounting mods
Based on the replies, I will create and periodically update a running list on this post to show which ones are the most popular.

Update 1 05/05/2024:
So far all responses are unique. I will start listing once I see some duplicates and get more responses.

Last edited:
OP
OP
skrit

skrit

Contributor
A Horse with No Name
Loc.
Durham

eBronc2

Contributor
IMG_3047 (1).JPG

IMG_3048 (2).JPG

IMG_0349.jpg

Mercedes E class power, heated, leather seats. Raise/lower, seat bottom tilt, backrest tilt, even the headrests are motorized. Took awhile to figure out the wiring (hint: don't mess with wires in the yellow connectors, those are airbag terminals....). The seats sit a little high - seat bottom is 7" away from the floor, even lowered all the way. Removing the power forward/back seat tracks lowered it 2", which is much better.

Last edited:

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I have a set of PRP daily drivers. Very comfortable. I have vinyl covers but they have a lot of options in cloth as well as some highly custom stuff with bit of prodding.

Attachments

• IMG_1608.jpeg
    IMG_1608.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1609.jpeg
    IMG_1609.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1610.jpeg
    IMG_1610.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 28

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I bought Corbeau high back front seats from Quadratec for same as bronco vendors but with free shipping. Seats brackets were sourced through JBG. Seats are identical and saved a bunch on shipping charges!

Quadratec is a Jeep parts vendor based in Philly area.

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I have a set of PRP daily drivers. Very comfortable. I have vinyl covers but they have a lot of options in cloth as well as some highly custom stuff with bit of prodding.
How are these to get into. I have Corbeau Baja SS seats and they are a pain to get into with higher sides.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
How are these to get into. I have Corbeau Baja SS seats and they are a pain to get into with higher sides.
They are much easier than the Corbeau, the bolsters are not near as high. They are lower enough that the seat belts come over the top of the bolster instead of through it. I have the same seat in my J Truck, they are just enough that you have to put your head in the cab then slide over the seat. On that truck I'm considering trying a set of the PRP Buggy seats, they have an even lower bolster. Their reclining seat barely has any bolster at all, it is almost flat. I like how the seat cradles you, it makes such a difference bouncing around offroad all day.

I had a friend ask me one time how I could ride for 10 hours a day every day for a week. I told him it was first the seats and second the suspension. He road with me one day and that night we ordered seats LOL.

On my J Truck I'd have some Scheelman seats if I could bring my self to spend that much on a seat.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Don’t have them mounted in my EB…or any pics but I bought a set of front seats out of a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero. Not power seats but fully adjustable and very comfortable. Well, they’re comfortable to sit in on the floor of my shop.
I bought them as they were the only seats I could afford that had high backs (headrests) and would fit in a half cab easily.

Randy

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
The red one came with NO front seats. I test drove it with a back seat slide up there, not bolted down. Yahoo. Then added some 90's ish convertible Mustang seats. To handle the floor height difference, I tread plate decked the whole set area (of the Bronco). And gained a storage compartment under the passenger side seat in the process. Just need to make a door.

Hammered flat the back slider mount feet on the Mustang seats. Bolted right in and they have lots of fore and aft adjustability. And the backs quick flip fwd, coming out of a Mustang.

2nd rig came with those hard back plastic. Uncomfortable, even with the slip on padded covers. Then got some cheap ricer seats to get some kind of padding. Then I got a deal on some cheap used Corbeau suspension seats, they are nice and installed with some Corbeau flat install sliders.

Attachments

• B 5.JPG
    B 5.JPG
    319 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_1928.JPG
    100_1928.JPG
    307.7 KB · Views: 16
  • seats and belts 003.JPG
    seats and belts 003.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 16
  • frame rig 003.JPG
    frame rig 003.JPG
    300.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Bco seats.jpg
    Bco seats.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Bronco in the woods 002.JPG
    Bronco in the woods 002.JPG
    346.6 KB · Views: 18

sk1nw4lk3r

2014 Ford Mustang GT seats. Removed all power function from them to lower them down as low as possible. Welded the seat frame to a Corbeau Seat Slider made specificall for early Broncos.

Mustangs, being 2 doors, are made to fold forward nicely for access to the back. It's a nice function of them. Still have manual recline, even with power functions removed. Also look cool and not too bulky.

They are pretty comfy, though since the foam now sits pretty much directly on the floor, there is no spring functionality from the suspension components of those seats. So for long drives, it can be a little hard on your bottom.

WRqUXQn.jpg

pFoEOXV.jpg

hIM0RVA.jpg

pS3VLRb.jpg

CabinCruiser

Contributor
Does anyone know where companies like CFB, Velocity and Highline Classics interiors source their front and rear seats? Seems like they're all the same and I like the look.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Old school here! I have 90's Miata seats. Very low and comfortable but now good ones are as rare as hens teeth. I had to have my driver's seat bottom bolsters foam replaced last year. I should get a few more years out of them.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Ford Probe GT seats were very functional and comfortable in my 74, 2 in the front and used 2 in the rear between the wheel wells.

67sport

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
Early 2000's supercab ranger 60/40 seats. Gets you a console and a very small third seat when you need it.

Attachments

• IMG_20240502_200451_046.jpg
    IMG_20240502_200451_046.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20240502_200505_750.jpg
    IMG_20240502_200505_750.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 20

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I think a major factor in seat choice for a Bronco needs to be another requirement for posting up (besides just pics) is the seat height from the mounting point to where ya park your backside.

So many seats are a terrible choice for a Bronco unless you are 5'4" tall with a 36" inseam! lol

nvrstuk

Contributor
Old school here! I have 90's Miata seats. Very low and comfortable but now good ones are as rare as hens teeth. I had to have my driver's seat bottom bolsters foam replaced last year. I should get a few more years out of them.

These are a nice low profile seat. You are right, the need better foam or at least replaced for a softer ride!

nvrstuk

Contributor
I have not sat in any aftermarket seats over the decades that are nearly as comfy as a high quality OE seat. I need to try a few different ones so I can be less opinionated about them "all" being fair to good compared to a high end, low profile OE seat but I haven't been able to yet.

Go with high end sports cars made by Toyota, MB, BMW in sports cars and you will have a hard time finding a better full suspension, completely adjustable (no power- they raise the seat too high), long wearing seat that since they are designed for a low profile car are usually much lower than a sedan but they have good lateral support but don't have such tall sides that make you have to lift your backside up everytime to get out and then also bump your thighs against the strg wheel trying to get out ! :(

I run Toyota Solara seats. I put seat warmers in them. Fully adjustable thigh, lumbar you name it. Great low profile and high back for neck support which should be required.

67sport

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
I think a major factor in seat choice for a Bronco needs to be another requirement for posting up (besides just pics) is the seat height from the mounting point to where ya park your backside.

So many seats are a terrible choice for a Bronco unless you are 5'4" tall with a 36" inseam! lol
Early 2000's supercab ranger 60/40 seats. Gets you a console and a very small third seat when you need it.
Good point. I'm 6ft, and with my current mounts these seats are higher than I'd like. I can lower them 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch if I rework the mounts which I intend to do at some point.