• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Meet Carl, (68 Bronco)

OP
OP
themalwine

themalwine

Loc.
Yreka
b839640fa9557b4321ee9372ab1c8e61.jpg

Tom's Bronco Parts show and shine....all the pretty Broncos...
Great day yesterday, met some awesome people. Can't wait to hit more of these events in the future, with Carl running preferably. :) BTW, some of these pics were accidental shots.

ca4db7b1495f2c42f644acc2aaf6de94.jpg

892cdffb07826453235eb936b592bb9d.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161003/c647f26f10f5cdf0d6b09422b7d75949.jpg[/IMG

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Wow, welcome aboard and some nice pics there of the Broncos! Can't wait to see Carl come back to life. Good luck! ;D

Ak Westphal

Loc.
Fairbanks
So pretty funny that I just joined up I used to use this site as a resource about 18 years ago when I got my first bronco and did a lot of modifications based on tech on this site. Moving, new job, new house, marriage, two kids and I had parted with all my bronco's for a while.

So now for Funny part, I just joined back up because I bought back my '68 fiberglass bodied Mud racer and my name is Carl, I think I'll pick a different name for my bronco;D

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome too Carl! Too bad you couldn't have taken the "short drive" to get to the Tom's show as well. Maybe when Mal gets Carl up-n-running it'll be time for a Road Trip from up north.

Hope you all get some good use out of the site for sure.

And Mal, have you been checking out any of the many (a ton!) of the threads regarding re-wiring Broncos? Lots of people have done it, and many of them have never done any wiring before either. Can be a bit of a tiny nightmare in some ways, but also very rewarding.
Especially when everything works without smoke!;)

Enjoy the journey.

Paul

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Welcome, I'm always glad to see another female Bronco lover on this site. And I love the name Carl. Is there a story behind the name?

blamejane

Bronco Guru
Hi Mal, I'm Val...

And I know exactly how you feel about Carl. Great name Carl, btw. Don't know why I love it, but I guess it seems fitting for some reason; and it's fun to say. Have you checked out your VIN for original specs on your bronco?

Anyway welcome to CB and congrats on your new baby!!

OP
OP
themalwine

themalwine

Loc.
Yreka
Welcome too Carl! Too bad you couldn't have taken the "short drive" to get to the Tom's show as well. Maybe when Mal gets Carl up-n-running it'll be time for a Road Trip from up north.

Hope you all get some good use out of the site for sure.

And Mal, have you been checking out any of the many (a ton!) of the threads regarding re-wiring Broncos? Lots of people have done it, and many of them have never done any wiring before either. Can be a bit of a tiny nightmare in some ways, but also very rewarding.
Especially when everything works without smoke!;)

Enjoy the journey.

Paul
Yes, we've been reading about it quite a bit. I'm a little nervous about replacing the wiring, but my hubby is pretty confident so that's good! Thanks so much!

OP
OP
themalwine

themalwine

Loc.
Yreka
Welcome, I'm always glad to see another female Bronco lover on this site. And I love the name Carl. Is there a story behind the name?
Lol yes, my hubby's co-worker arrested a gal who was on drugs and wrecked her car. Kept saying there was a man named Carl with her, but abandoned ship when they wrecked... so we were joking about the elusive Carl when our daughter named her dinosaur Carl. She kept telling Carl to get it together. We were dying laughing. So Carl just became this random funny name for us.

OP
OP
themalwine

themalwine

Loc.
Yreka
Hi Mal, I'm Val...

And I know exactly how you feel about Carl. Great name Carl, btw. Don't know why I love it, but I guess it seems fitting for some reason; and it's fun to say. Have you checked out your VIN for original specs on your bronco?

Anyway welcome to CB and congrats on your new baby!!
Thanks!! No, I haven't yet. I will have to. :)

OP
OP
themalwine

themalwine

Loc.
Yreka
So pretty funny that I just joined up I used to use this site as a resource about 18 years ago when I got my first bronco and did a lot of modifications based on tech on this site. Moving, new job, new house, marriage, two kids and I had parted with all my bronco's for a while.

So now for Funny part, I just joined back up because I bought back my '68 fiberglass bodied Mud racer and my name is Carl, I think I'll pick a different name for my bronco;D
Lol that's funny!

OP
OP
themalwine

themalwine

Loc.
Yreka
cd707d4a291e9ce1aad15588e7c6ad2f.jpg

Wiring harness came in the mail today. Hopefully we can get around go tinkering with Carl this weekend.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Should be great fun. Talk about getting intimate with Carl!
You'll know every in-and-out, nook-and-cranny, rusty spot and dent after this.
Not to mention any holes you didn't know he had, or holes he should have that are not there.

All good fun. And the reward of a properly functioning electrical system is not to be underestimated!

Paul

OP
OP
themalwine

themalwine

Loc.
Yreka
Should be great fun. Talk about getting intimate with Carl!
You'll know every in-and-out, nook-and-cranny, rusty spot and dent after this.
Not to mention any holes you didn't know he had, or holes he should have that are not there.

All good fun. And the reward of a properly functioning electrical system is not to be underestimated!

Paul
For sure!

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... Welcome aboard Young Lady... Yes this is a good web sight.. Lot of great info on here.
If you can get that Blue off that Bronco you'll have a nice Camo Bronco.

.... I guess this is where I was going .
oh yes Notice Taco's Nose parked in the center of the door. Taco like the Bronco as much as I do.

Attachments

• 20151004_150853 1.jpg
    20151004_150853 1.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 130