• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Met a cool Bronco brother today

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
Me and the wife and kid drove out Lacombe LA today and met JD Foster of Deep South Fab. I got to check out his shop, some cool broncos he is working on, and got to look at the bumpers and cages he builds. He was recommended to me by Nick from Nicks Trix. Nick siad he was a good fabricator and a good guy and he was right. His bumpers and cages look really nice and very solid. If anyone is interested his web site is www.deepsouthfab.net. Like I siad, a good guy that does really nice work. Figured that kind of info is worth passing along ;D

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
I would like to add...

I havent seen JD in years but after only meeting him a few times I like to call him a friend... You are correct... a really cool guy to talk to and hang out with. Probably one of the things I miss most about not having the Bronco gathering at Tellico anymore.

Greg

OP
OP
addicted

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
Yea. I think some people you can just tell are good folks right from the start and he's one of them. Humble, down to earth, and honest. And I had the chance to see his work up close and his fabrication truelly is top notch.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Someday , when I have a bunch of money that needs a new home , I'm gonna beg him to build me a set of the SS bumpers he had on his rig for the BD article.
I've only seen one other bumper that I liked as much , it was a one off custom also.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
addicted- glad you got the chance to hook up with JD. you can't have enough good contacts in this bronco world.

OP
OP
addicted

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
For sure. Thanks again Nick for letting me know about him. Meeting cool Bronco people is always great. Meeting ones that are cool and have awesome fab skills is even better ;D

fablife

well that's one way to get better prices!!!
thanks guys, I appreciate it.
it's a Bronco thing for sure, like I mentioned in the BD article, when we get together for trail rides, it's more like family reunions..
I haven't advertised yet because I wanted to stock up on items, I hate to tell someone it'll be a week before I can get it...but if they're cool with it..??
now lets build some stuff!!!! JD