• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

migs Bronco Barn - a chronicle of what's happening at the new place

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The last couple of weeks since the last update have been focused on the inner front clip, lot's of time spent pondering, cutting, fitting, grinding and a good deal of trial and error working with an old pair of fiberglass inner fenders and a used steel core support.... nothing that fits anywhere close to good together as is.
Using the hood to help check the positioning and fit of everything it became obvious that something was askew. Well, once again bit by previous owner body mounting hole (mis)placement. This time it was the two forward ones near the firewall. There's really no good reference points to be able to measure this tub accurately from side to side on the frame so you really do need the front body parts to get it close to right. I fixed the holes and loosened all the other body mount bolts so I could shift the tub over and get everything aligned better with the front clip and hood.
So I think I have everything where I want it and ready to drill some holes to bolt, screw and then glue it all together.

IMG_3869.jpg IMG_3939.jpg IMG_3940.jpg IMG_3941.jpg IMG_3942.jpg IMG_3943.jpg IMG_3944.jpg IMG_3945.jpg IMG_3946.jpg

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Looking good! Can't thank you enough for all the effort buddy!!