• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

migs Bronco Barn - a chronicle of what's happening at the new place

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
love them! As Migs can attest...great trucks! A couple years ago I used my plow expy with a 4.6 to go to the Round Up....not a good choice!

And yet it made it out AND back in one piece! Kept up with us leadfoots.....%)

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
THIS!! ^^ I got one of the Speed master Torque Worm differential.....we shall see how it works!

Attachments

• 71E25ZqUrXL._AC_SY355_.jpg
    71E25ZqUrXL._AC_SY355_.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 49

eb-nutt1

Soooo...yall running the 5.4s or the 3.5 turbo? Can find 5.4 4wd with decent miles, cheap, the 3.5 turbo not so much.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
My current one is a 5.4 with the 3 valve....

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Mine is a 2011 EL Limited, I picked it up a couple of years ago. I had been thinking about finding an EL to replace the 98 expedition I was driving.
tasker found it for me and I felt it was too good of a deal for me to pass up.
5.4, 140k miles on it... tows good, hauls good, and with the EL model I can fit 4x8 sheets in there and close the hatch. the only thing I can't do is dump a load of dirt in the back. well... guess I just haven't tried yet;D

Attachments

• IMG_6894.jpg
    IMG_6894.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4870.jpg
    IMG_4870.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5591.jpg
    IMG_5591.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4667.jpg
    IMG_4667.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2325.JPG
    IMG_2325.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4673.jpg
    IMG_4673.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1128.jpg
    IMG_1128.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 92

eb-nutt1

Migs,Tasker-- your expy's have the 3.31 or more desirable 3.73 ratio? My dad had a 03 with 3.73 ratio that I towed with occasionally that was a nice setup.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
3.73 on mine....No dumping? sounds like Mig's next project!!

;D (nice product placement in the last pic too!) ;D

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Brian, the new shop looks pretty sweet! Can't think of a better guy to have that place! I gotta get mine out of the Shop and back on the road. Lol! In any case, gotta get up to May it Forward this year! Just gotta drop in the new engine in the next month and get all the bugs ironed out! No problem! 😂

Either way planning on seeing you guys this spring time! With the Bronco if all goes well! I guess I better get off my butt here! Last part I need for engine is a new timing chain cover from Ford off of the 5.0 explorer! Gonna message Tasker! See u all soon and LOVE THAT BARN!

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Lookin good B'. Keep up the hard work. I'll throw you a couple projects when your not busy.;D

Bronco Ross

Hi Migs! I want your rear shock mounts with backing plates, please email me so I can get some
Ross . rmccue1@sbcglobal. Net

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wish that barn (and you :)) were closer to me. Great looking place.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Mine is a 2011 EL Limited, I picked it up a couple of years ago. I had been thinking about finding an EL to replace the 98 expedition I was driving.
5.4, 140k miles on it... tows good, hauls good, and with the EL model I can fit 4x8 sheets in there and close the hatch. the only thing I can't do is dump a load of dirt in the back. well... guess I just haven't tried yet;D

.......Hold up first how did I miss this thread? Great things are happening in the new place....

Speaking of is that a tire carrier for those amazing bumpers???? Looking good buddy.

Brian, the new shop looks pretty sweet! Can't think of a better guy to have that place! I gotta get mine out of the Shop and back on the road. Lol! In any case, gotta get up to May it Forward this year! Just gotta drop in the new engine in the next month and get all the bugs ironed out! No problem! 😂

Either way planning on seeing you guys this spring time! With the Bronco if all goes well! I guess I better get off my butt here! Last part I need for engine is a new timing chain cover from Ford off of the 5.0 explorer! Gonna message Tasker! See u all soon and LOVE THAT BARN!

Do you need me to order you the timing cover?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice... long as it works for you

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
sooooo Migs...whatcha been up to lately? ;)

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'm two years behind now, time to get this thread up to speed! I suppose I could attempt that tonight instead of working on a certain something...
:unsure:

Stay tuned....:cool:

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
And we are Expecting pictures to improve as you go along now!

Last edited:

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
One of the first outsiders to come in early for some help (amidst the shuffling around of everything in the shop) was fatboy's yellow Bronco. see it's build thread here.
the goal was/is to just get it road worthy so it can be used while his other project is underway. among many other issues, it was in desperate need of front suspension bushings...
It's currently still here and probably a little behind schedule but some progress has been made...
Love that frame mounted dolly on the front end.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks!

Ok... so I've gone through my back log of hundreds of pictures and I'm ready to take us back to 2020(sorry....:()

Alright, so while working on fatboy's yellow bronco in the beginning of 2020 I brought in my 68 known as Lil' Rusty (history here before I owned it) to start digging in deep on it.
Started tearing it apart to really access what it needed before returning my attention back to fatboy's rig.
IMG_8947.JPG IMG_8982.JPG IMG_8983.JPG IMG_8994.JPG IMG_8997.JPG IMG_9011.JPG IMG_9173.JPG

And it's still sitting pretty much the same as shown today as shown above.
more updates to come...