• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Milwaukee m18 fuel

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Has anyone had any experience with these new m18 Fuel Fluid-Drive impact drivers, how are they holding up compared to the older style? I'm about to purchase this set if they hold up as good as the old ones.

https://www.tylertool.com/milwaukee...adPWvOnD3u-v2YOlT8BrF1zzG5ClxcchoC5RYQAvD_BwE

I use the cordless impacts all the time when working on my Bronco and other things. I have a Ridged set now that has held up really good for a cheap set, but the drill itself has gotten to where it will not lock a bit tight enough to keep it from spinning. Thought I would move up to the Milwaukee this time

77Bronco636

Use them at work (heavy tonnage chiller mechanic) and they are awesome!! Work way better then the standard corded ones, and I'm very impressed the power In these little impacts and wish they made them 20 years ago (would have saved a lot of wear and tear on my body)! Try to keep you batteries indoors (away from extreme heat or extreme cold) they will last a lot longer. My set has help up very well the last few years.....
Hope this helps!!

needsmoarturbo

Has anyone had any experience with these new m18 Fuel Fluid-Drive impact drivers, how are they holding up compared to the older style? I'm about to purchase this set if they hold up as good as the old ones.

https://www.tylertool.com/milwaukee...adPWvOnD3u-v2YOlT8BrF1zzG5ClxcchoC5RYQAvD_BwE

I use the cordless impacts all the time when working on my Bronco and other things. I have a Ridged set now that has held up really good for a cheap set, but the drill itself has gotten to where it will not lock a bit tight enough to keep it from spinning. Thought I would move up to the Milwaukee this time
First I've heard of the hydraulic actuation. I see it as a good thing if it reduces the shock and vibration on the tool. I just had to send our 1/2" drive impact gun in for repair. It was shutting itself down and flashing the led light I didn't really get an answer from milwaukee what the problem was, but they repaired it under warranty (3 yr?) no problem. I guess thats the issue with the brushless though, more technology inside to make it run that will shut you down if something goes out of spec vs. old school where the only things to go wrong are a switch and wear on brushes..

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The M18 Fuel series of tools by Milwaukee are top notch! They keep raising the bar for cordless tools. We use them in our business are they are the best we have had. The impacts are amazing and the new 9 amp/hour batteries are too. We are trying out a full size deep cut portaband and a 7 1/2" circular saw now. The Milwaukee guy showed me all kinds of cordless stuff that is powered by the 9 amp batteries. A blower, a straight shaft weedeater, a sliding compound 12" miter saw, just to name a few.

Let's put it this way: If the craftsmen of the 19th century would have had the tools we have now, there is no way of imagining the architecture that they would have built!

panteramatt

Im a Makita man but I bought the new fuel 12v 3/8 ratchet and I dont know how the hell I lived without it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I love the stuff too. But I can say this, any time you get a new tool from them with a spindle and chuck, run it up right there at the store. Or at least as soon as you get home, to make sure the spindle is not bent or wobbling.
I have five M18 drills of different descriptions and four of them have wobbly chucks. The only one that does not is the little impact (guess it's an M12 now that I think about it) with the quick-release chuck.

Which reminds me, I never did check my (still new) impact gun bought a year or two ago with a bunch of other members here.
Didn't follow my own advice!

Anyway, I'm usually not too busy to spend money and buy something, but often find myself "too busy" to return or complain about it while still under warranty. To my detriment...

Paul

OP
OP
surfer-b

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
thanks for info, I'm gonna order that set, I get tired of dragging a air hose around when don't have to

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I don't see it, but if they make a 20v check it out.

I got a 20v set of DeWalt two years and love it. So much so I followed the set up with a 20v 1/2" impact. IMO, the 1/4" and 1/2" impacts are game changers when it comes to Bronco disassembly. Very rare a bolt or screw gets broken anymore. That 1/4" will take those pesky door striker screws out like they are nothing! Go easy on the trigger until you get a good feel for the power of these things!

I like that tool companies name.....
Tyler

ransil

Bronco Guru
I just picked up a dewalt 20v 1/2' impact little big but 1200 ft lbs off should get everything done or broke.
might need to get a smaller one

clarrance

Bronco Guru
That's what we use at the shop. I was so impressed with the Milwaukee impacts I bought a set for home.

eb-nutt1

I purchased a set of the 18v Milwaukee when they come out about 4 years or so ago...1/2 & 3/8 impact, 1/2 drill and led light for $599 with 3 batteries and a charger, have since added the grinder, grease gun and mini fan...no trouble in 4 years and I work in the heavy equipment repair service. Hardly use my air tools anymore.

Brian

redfishtony

Loc.
Thomasville GA
My son uses the big 1/2" impacts on the farm changing blades on hay cutters and everything else that needs loosened/tightened. We also use the grease guns. Everything they have is bad ass. Go ahead and get the biggest batteries and you'll be much happier. The drills are great also and the radio aint bad. My next purchase will be the fan for when the power goes out.

OP
OP
surfer-b

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got home from work yesterday and the Milwaukee M18 set was sitting on porch. I tried both the drill and the driver, these are much better than the Ridged, much smoother, quieter and stronger. I think I'm gonna like these, believe it was $ well spent, time will tell