• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need Help Choosing a 3.5 Lift Kit!!!

bu66a

Loc.
Seattle
Think I might be heading this route as well after reading this thread. I have an uncut and was going to go with at 3.5", but the 2.5" SL and 1" BL sounds like its the best way to go uh? My goal is to fit 32" BFG ATs on my uncut. Not meaning to hijack the thread, but i'm in the same boat.

-bu66a

Prest72

Loc.
San Luis Obispo, CA
Hijack x2!!!! I'm in the same boat as Bu66a! was going to do a 3.5" WH SL, but now looking at the 2.5" SL 1" BL. My only thoughts are it seems like more of a pain in the A** to install a 1" BL with all the other mods associated - fan shroud, fuel tank fillers, clutch linkage, etc...Mines an uncut 72, plan on running 31x10.5's, more street than dirt. Your thoughts much appreciated!

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You might not have to move the shroud. I didn't.
You shouldn't have to touch the filler hoses. They have enough flex for a 1" lift.
The clutch linkage might have enough adjustment too. If not though, it's one of the simpler things to fix.
Can't think of any real detrimental things with the 1" body-lift. That's what makes it so much nicer than a 2 or 3 incher.

But yes, a body lift on an EB is almost always more of a PITA than a suspension lift.
And, depending on the last time the suspension was worked on (if ever), that can be a pain too!

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Visually speaking, it should be exactly the same. The only issue you have is the tire size in the rear. It's not just height, but wheel offset that saves the day.
If you haven't yet, check out some of the threads that discuss just that thing. It's not a guarantee that 10.50" wide tires will fit, even with some lift.

Also, search "LUBR" and "LUBER" (Lifted, Uncut BRonco) to see what the discussions lean towards. If you haven't seen those yet, that is.

Paul