• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help with Military Bronco Paint

Soylent

Contributor
Loc.
California
I have the D30 up front. My knowledge of the various differential combinations and what works with what is limited. When my mechanic went through these 5 years ago he talked me out of a detroit locker for the rear which was probably a good thing. A trutrac 4.1 went into the rear and the front was left “open”. Not sure if it was because a trutrac couldn’t be put into the D30, the original LS was hard to cone by, or I thought I was going to easily find a D44 for the front. Pics of what I have now.

2166.jpeg 2176.jpeg

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I have the D30 up front. My knowledge of the various differential combinations and what works with what is limited. When my mechanic went through these 5 years ago he talked me out of a detroit locker for the rear which was probably a good thing. A trutrac 4.1 went into the rear and the front was left “open”. Not sure if it was because a trutrac couldn’t be put into the D30, the original LS was hard to cone by, or I thought I was going to easily find a D44 for the front. Pics of what I have now.

View attachment 917119 View attachment 917120

It's available for the Dana 30 as well as other lockers and LS. I don't have any experience with the truetrac in the rear only, I have a Detroit in the rear and have zero complaints. My 44 in the front is lockable too but even when not locked, just the rear will traverse most "normal" obstacles. A locked or LS rear and open front will take about 99% of bronco owners where they want to go anyway.