• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need info on starter nuetral switch hook up

74bronk

I just installed a c4 automatic and was wondering where to hook up the wires from the nuetral switch to a centech wire harness?

Tom in lvnv

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
The Centech set up instructions has a section on wiring the N/S switch . It's basically the start wire in & back out to the solenoid if I remember correct .

joser

Loc.
Chesterfield, MI
I agree with the stevew, it is a loop in the start wire from ignition switch to the starter solenoid that runs through the NSS.

I just wired my C4 and new Painless harness. If you need to find which wires are your NSS and which are your reverse lights, just do a continuity test. The 4 wires coming from the NSS are really 2 pair. I just tested each pair while shifting the trans from park to reverse to neutral. For the NSS, you should have continuity in Park and Neutral. The reverse light pair abvoiusly has continuity only when trans is in reverse.

Hope this helps. Good luck.