• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need Measurement

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Folks, I managed to lose a sheet of paper containing my measurements....

So, I need the INNER diameter of the track-bar at the frame side. Meaning, if you were to replace the bushings, what size is the inner diameter of the track bar end nearest the frame?

I'm working on a new 4500 class build and need to build the track bar, but need to find the right size DOM to use. I'm thinking something like 1.75" OD, maybe 9 gauge or so.
TIA, Joe

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Joe. Let me see if I can put my hands on my old stock one.
Be right back... (theoretically)%)

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well crap. Wasn't where I thought it was.
If it had been, that would have made it one of the very few parts I could put my hands on!

Oh well. Someone will have it I'm sure.

Paul

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Hey Joe, The inside diameter of the track bar at frame is 1 3/16 and the one at the axle is 1 3/8. Ken

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Thank you gentlemen.

Ken, your measurements had me spinning till I remembered that the lower bushing is the 3/4" bolt and that's what I'm using in the upper end of mine. Then it all made sense.

Found the dimensions for the K8447 Moog set online, which confirmed Kens lower # for me.

So, just ordered a 2' piece of .188 wall 1.75 OD DOM, which should give me 1.375 ID to make everything match up nicely.

Should be delivered by the time I get home from San Diego the 18th.
Thanks, Joe