• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New 351w Fired up Today but 7 and 8 not firing **Solved**

OP
OP
Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’m running Autolite 104 plugs. I don’t see anything unusual. Pic of #8.

Attachments

• IMG_3333.jpeg
    IMG_3333.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The culprit was the new spark plug 104s. I put Motorcraft 447 and set the gap at .05 and running much better now.

After troubleshooting with the laser thermometer I found that the cylinders temps would fluctuate a lot and I had to take reading in the exact same spot on the header on each one.

I think this is what Dirtdonk was getting at with imperfect parts etc.

It took Broncobowshers advice again and swapped plug around and noticed one cylinder would run a little cooler with one plug. Went out and got new plugs and running much smoother!

Still got some dialing in to do and I think I'll have the distributor curve redone for tourque, but so glad its running better.

Going to put some miles on it and play with idle mixture and timing some then check spark plug health.

Thanks everyone for all the advice!

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Might want to consider running same number plug but one heat range hotter.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Just seeing this now...that's awesome! Congrats on getting it figured out!