• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco Day U13

Horsebreath

Contributor
Well, I got the itch two years ago and have been waiting patiently ever since. About 3 weeks ago, the right opportunity popped up. I was viewing one of the posts on an EB facebook group and one of the members was seeking "anyone selling a truck" in his price range. Of course, there were 20 answers with prices 3 times what he requested...lol Anyway, I responded "I'm looking for the same". I didnt think Id get any response, so when I did I was surprised. The seller quoted me a price and immediately thought it's going to be a dog. Then he sent me pictures. Thats when I was like "no way...this can't be true".
Well, it was and the communication was great and a deal was struck. I got the transport set up for the ride to me here in NJ, from the farm it spent its life at in western Iowa.
Having owned 2 69's, 1 '72, 1 '73, 1 '75, 1 '76 and 2 77's between '86 and '97, I was really missing an EB.
It's a '66 U13. It has an August '65 build date. Stock/original everything, including that mighty 170 6 cyl, small bearing/open 4:11 rear (code 03) and a 3 on the tree trans.
Front to back, the frame is immaculate. It looks cleaner than my 2015 F-150! The front body panels, cowl, W/S frame and dash are completely rust free. The rear body section from the front seats to the rear bumper are also rust free. The floors (which ill replace at some point) are crusty but not rotted through. The rockers are victims of trapped water sitting too long. Otherwise everthing else is tight. no leaks, suspension/shock mounts are great, The roof is completely issue free. The fiberglass inserts are long gone. The silver back seat is like brand new. The silver front buckets are shot. Silver sun visor are mint. The paint has faded and thats how it will stay. After I give it the once over, change all fluids etc, I'll just enjoy some summer driving time. It needs a few things..., but I'll fix/replace as I go.
I'd love to know where my build number falls in the production 738073
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_4472.jpg
    IMG_4472.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4123 (1).jpg
    IMG_4123 (1).jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 96

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
That falls about midway in the numbers for the Aug '65 production number span. No way of knowing exactly when it was built during the month.

Does your truck have a '66 hardtop on it? (separate lock cylinder on the liftgate is one quick way to tell). Looks like it has '66 doors.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Horsebreath

Horsebreath

Contributor
That falls about midway in the numbers for the Aug '65 production number span. No way of knowing exactly when it was built during the month.

Does your truck have a '66 hardtop on it? (separate lock cylinder on the liftgate is one quick way to tell). Looks like it has '66 doors.

Todd Z.
yes doors look 66. The top has the lock cylinder in the latch. Seller said the top and doors were purchased sometime after the initial purchase.

glass76

Also has one of the very early Koenig PTO winches for the Bronco, which has the PTO driveshaft
routed through the grille to the winch gearbox.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Big congrats! Who say good things don’t come to those who wait, and wait.......enjoy!😁😁