• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Crate Motor...need some help

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
I just purchased a crate motor and need to find some more info about it. The block id is F4TE 6015 AA19, also has E7TE17 Heads. 96 J29 DX44803 is on the engine tag.

I believe it's a 1996 351w crate motor. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rob

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
It's a 351 roller block, and 87-up 5.0/5.8 heads, best I can help.

OP
OP
RobS

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
It's a 351 roller block, and 87-up 5.0/5.8 heads, best I can help.

Thanks, yea it's a roller block but it's got a flat tappet non roller cam in it. Apparently Ford made some with and some without the roller cam. Anyone know how much it costs to convert it over? Also the HP rating on this motor is between 200 and 230, what's the best bang for your buck upgrade? I am looking into heads, anyone had some they'd recommend? Thanks

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
The blocks are just roller capable, but come with both cams. To go roller, you need to buy used or new lifters, cam, lifter hold downs and spider.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
afr makes really nice heads and so does racing head service in memphis you just need to do your homework and match your heads and cam (if you change to roller cam). You can get the fms rollers for about 120 dollars and a couple hundred more for the cam and then the pushrods.

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
It might be the M-6007-S58. I have had mine for several years. Originally carb'd and now SEFI. It is roller compatable like mentioned above. All new parts (not Ford reman) and is billed as a truck replacement engine (250hp, 300+trq).

Bought mine as it was cheaper than most of the FMS 302 crate engines (popularity??)

Plan to later (much later) put some AFR 185s and E303 roller cam. Should waken it up a bunch.

Attachments

• M6007S58.jpg
    M6007S58.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 23

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
If it is a Ford crate engine, it will have a tag saying so glued to the block, so sounds like it is from another company, but would think their name would be there too.
RobS, where is your tag located?