• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New question about my '66 VIN

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Reading the new Bronco Driver magazine and the "Pony Seat" article I went out and looked at my VIN again. It's hard to see because Tony build the roll cage bars to go through the dash, but here's a partial pic and a pic of what I wrote down. Question "Does my 6 digit DSO mean something?" Not that it would matter now, as it's highly modified, but I was just curious.

Attachments

• 66VIN.jpg
    66VIN.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 66VIN1.jpg
    66VIN1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 25

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
That means it’s a special order. The first two digits are the DSO and the next 4 are the order or invoice number. Something about it was special ordered. It wasn’t the paint because I see the paint code.

OP
OP
ared77

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, that's what I thought from my Mustang days. It's going to bug me because I can't figure out what it was because Marti doesn't go back to '66 and like I said it's too modified to return to stock even if I could figure it out. Oh well.:unsure:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, that's what I thought from my Mustang days. It's going to bug me because I can't figure out what it was because Marti doesn't go back to '66 and like I said it's too modified to return to stock even if I could figure it out. Oh well.:unsure:
I know that's frustrating to not know what that originally was for. I seem to recall reading or hearing something recently where Kevin Marti stated that most of those custom DSO orders were due to optional tire size orders.

Todd Z.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
It was almost always for special paint color or 16" wheels or both. Since you've got a color code listed, it would be pretty safe to say yours came with 16" wheels.

OP
OP
ared77

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys. That makes me feel better. I'd hate to think this was something historically special that got modified so much, just like I always felt it best not to heavily modify a factory K code or Boss Mustang (for example).