• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Rod Hall video. Prepping for Norra Mexican 1000

House

Minutia Militia
Rod Hall is awesome.
The Barstow Bronco is awesome.
Calling the Barstow Bronco the 1969 Mexican 1000 winner is NOT awesome.
Why can't they just nut up and tell the truth? %)

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Rod Hall is awesome.
The Barstow Bronco is awesome.
Calling the Barstow Bronco the 1969 Mexican 1000 winner is NOT awesome.
Why can't they just nut up and tell the truth? %)

I know, I just thought I would stir the pot a bit.;D

Jim

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Not familiar with this

There are two opposing schools of thought on who actually has the '69 1000-winning Stroppe racing Bronco. Andrew Norton (bajabronco) and I bought our truck in 2008 and in the course of researching its history and the lineage of other Stroppe racers determined that our truck was actually the '69 winner. We feel we have pretty good evidence to support our claim. Rod has had his truck in the Off Road Motorsports Hall of Fame since the early 2000s and feels his truck is the one he drove in '69. We know the background/history of his truck and we believe he is mistaken. Andrew has done a yeoman's task assembling a ton of photos on each over the years.

We have assembled a Powerpoint summary that lists the evidence that we believe backs our claim. It's on the web somewhere but if anyone wants a copy of the most recent edition, feel free to PM me.

Todd Z.