• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Welder

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
All I’ve used up to this point is Lincoln L56 but this is what they had at the welding shop. I assumed since they deal with commercial they carried good stuff.

Are there other reliable brands of wire you like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So far, I’ve had decent success with my Miller multi process (251 I think) setting the thickness and letting the machine pick wire speed and amps. Every time I’ve changed the settings it’s been a colossal mess.

Randy

Mikes Early Bronco

Contributor
Oily Driveway Guy
I’ll never understand why the manufacturers don’t send their machines with a meter like that. What they send is just a wild ass guess of a meter and it really needs to be fairly precise.
It’s crazy. I tried to do some work this week. I have to flick the meter each time I open the valve. I’m sure it’s still not 100% accurate but it welds fine for now.