• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newer Dana 60 pics with wedges needed

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
For those of you with a newer style Dana 60. I am needing pics of them on the axle. I am trying to figure out how much of the side pumpkin section I need to clearance to get the wedges in flush. Any pics would be a great help.

TRABY

Loc.
Little Rock Arkansas
Wedges

I don't have any pics, but what I did was take the wedge measurement and that will tell you pretty much what you need to cut off, I had very little axle tube sticking out so I cut the spring prech right in the middle of the plug weld hole (about 1.5" or mabe a little more). You can also grind a notch in your wedge to allow it to fit. I know there is a good write up on this on PIRATE 4X4 also that has some pics.