• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Not a Bronco, but it is Steve McQueen...

anoblefox

Contributor
he drove a "jeepster" at Ascot Park in Gardena, ca in the off road races in the late sixties.

70rdstr

Loc.
Elizabeth
McQueen was a "man's man", not one of these wussified Prius driving metrosexuals!!

Haha, that's one of the best lines ever!
Thanks

Bronco Biff

Contributor
That is a bad little truck!!! i think they got the c-10, c-30 mixed up maybe? Maybe c-10 short box frame and cab with c-30 axles and springs? Like the interioir and rollbar work too!!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Somebody is going to do very well with this sale. An acquaintance of mine found this truck behind an auto repair shop in NorCal about 7-8 years ago and bought it for $500. He then did a nice job fixing it up - not sure if he still owns it or not.

Todd Z.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wasn't in Campbell by any chance, was it Todd? Guy had McQueen's El Camino at his shop there, so I wondered.

Can't see him letting something like that go for 500 though, so likely not the same guy.

Paul

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Wasn't in Campbell by any chance, was it Todd? Guy had McQueen's El Camino at his shop there, so I wondered.

Can't see him letting something like that go for 500 though, so likely not the same guy.

Paul

It was in a town that began with "A", as I recall - it may even be mentioned in the article.

Todd Z.

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Don't care that it's not a Bronco -- that is one of the most awesome vehicles ever auctioned -- It could have been a Prius... just knowing McQueen drove it in the 1000 makes is worth $60k to me!! Holy crap, that's so cool.

yewhi

Loc.
San Diego
Don't care that it's not a Bronco -- that is one of the most awesome vehicles ever auctioned -- It could have been a Prius... just knowing McQueen drove it in the 1000 makes is worth $60k to me!! Holy crap, that's so cool.

Sounds like he bought it as a lot and according to the Hemming's article there's "no evidence that he ever drove it". Personally, I'd take the Chevy 3800 and the Harley. Now... Where did I put my spare $200K? Oh yeah.... Never mind. :)

mattt

Bronco Guru
McQueen was a "man's man", not one of these wussified Prius driving metrosexuals!!

Haha, that's one of the best lines ever!
Thanks

Word!

I'd like to use that quote with credit given to Phil76 :cool:

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Sounds like he bought it as a lot and according to the Hemming's article there's "no evidence that he ever drove it". Personally, I'd take the Chevy 3800 and the Harley. Now... Where did I put my spare $200K? Oh yeah.... Never mind. :)

AHHH...way to ruin the dream for me!! LOL....